I've had it since Monday, and I still have not finished leafing through it.
Now about the commitment part: I really did try to talk myself out of it...Gertie's Lady Gray Sew-Along that is. I've seen this coat made up by several people and love it more and more each time I see it. So when I saw that she started this coat sew along, and after much contemplation, I ordered the Lady Gray pattern. As a matter of fact, it shipped today.
So why did I try to talk myself out of it? Well, since my sewing has been a little bit stagnated for the past several months, I really and truly I simply do not know what project(s) I want/need to work on first. In addition, the pattern is rated ADVANCED. Although I don't put myself in the advanced category, I do think I can make it. I just don't want to bite off more than I can chew, nor do I want a pattern that I might have to fight with. Colette patterns are new to me, and you know how it can be when you are so use to sewing only from the big 4 - sort of intimidating to say the least. So why did I go ahead and commit/purchase the pattern??? I'll explain my rational/self argument here:
- I did commit to the "Go Chanel or Go Home" challenge this time last year, and did complete it - on schedule I might say
- Because I really do like the style of the coat
- The Lady Gray coats that I've seen made up are GORGEOUS
- Even if I don't sew it during the sew along, I might sew it one day
- I'd hate to get locked out of another coat sew along and not be able to reap a wealth of information from a whole lot of knowledgeable sewists
- Get the pattern while its available at a 5% discount, at least that pays for the shipping
We'll just see what happens next...