Of course I'm in the sewing room this morning. Relatives and friends quite often preface telephone conversations with me with "where are you at, in the sewing room?" They know me well! This weekend I'm particularly experiencing an amour with these two patterns:
Now my pros and cons on both:
- NewLook 6130 makes my heart skip, BUT 9 pattern pieces are a little much more than I'd like to deal with.
- Although the front princess seams would make fitting a little easier.
- Love the little details of the NewLook pattern; the asymmetrical hemline and the banded waist.
- Is it just the coral colored top on the pattern envelope that I'm so drawn to?
- Vogue 8815 is so cute too. Yeah!, only 4 pattern pieces but minus the cute details of the NewLook Pattern.
- Laziness forced me to opt for the Vogue pattern, but I used some creative juices to add the asymmetrical hemline to it. I do think I will also eventually make the New Look Pattern too.
- After stitching up a quick and dirty muslin (which I'm glad I did) come to find out I need to do a small bust adjustment. Dratt!!! I've never done a SBA, and didn't want to get involved to that extent this morning.
- So now I'm involved in creating a "CHEATER SMALL BUST ADJUSTMENT" method that I think I can get away with.
|FAYE'S CHEATER SMALL BUST ADJUSTMENT: CAN YOU SEE THE HORIZONTAL TUCK I'VE PINNED IN AT THE TOP OF MY WAIST/BUST DARTS; AND THE TWO DARTS PINNED IN AT THE FRONT SHOULDER SEAM.|
|ASYMMETRICAL LEFT SIDE ADDED|
Did another top at the moment? No not really, but one can always use a new addition. Now it's onward to choose just the right fabric..........