October 15, 2018

#2018 Make Nine Challenge...

...this seemingly simple "just chose nine patterns and make them up in a year" challenge has proven rather difficult for me to accomplish.  Mainly because the patterns I picked at the beginning of the year just no longer hold my interest.  But, I am still determined to finish the Make Nine Challenge!  I've made numerous pattern substitutions (which is allowed according to the rules), with still more changes subject to take place - but hang in here with me if you please.  

Next up is Simplicity 8268 is a new jogger pattern that I decided to substitute for the Hudson Pants on my #2018MakeNine grid.  I decided to switch patterns because I just didn't feel like taping a PDF at the moment, but still wanted to have a pair of jogger pants for comfy at home wear.

This stretch knit gray denim print has sat in my stash for eons pinpointed for joggers. When I decided to make up the Simplicity pattern I had to do a deep stash dive to find it.  I used self fabric instead of tubing to make the cuffs and waistband not wanting to make a trip to Joann's only to find that they didn't have the right color anyway.  I'm satisfied with them and as a matter fact have been wearing them all morning. 
So here's my new Make Nine grid for the moment:



Row 1: Burda 6446. Butterick 4684, Simplicity 8268
Row 2: True Bias Lander Pants, Burda 6428, Vogue 8601
Row 3:  Butterick 6296, Vogue 8859, Butterick 6169

With two and a half months left in the challenge I will persevere, but keep your fingers crossed for me...

23 comments:

  1. Well, you're coming along on your goals for the year and the joggers look good. I find sewing pants for myself at my age (67) quite challenging so end up wearing skirts most of the time. However, I make the Hudson joggers for my son-in-law and he really loves them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes pants are challenging for me too. I may still make the Hudson's when I get some extra taping time.

      Delete
    2. You are a very impressive person! "when I don't do something well, I JUST TRY HARDER!" Words to live by!

      Delete
  2. You are doing great! I like the joggers, and totally get not wanting to tape together a PDF!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vanessa. I usually don't mine taping, but this time I just wasn't feeling it.

      Delete
  3. I think so long as you keep to the spirit of your plans, that's the main thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am in total agreement with you Sarah!

      Delete
  4. It looks to me as though you're doing really well! You makes are all lovely Faye and the latest addition look great on.
    I'm curious...are you planning on sewing the dress or the jacket of Butterick 6169? I also have that pattern by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Diane. For Butterick 6169 I'm planning on only the jacket.

      Delete
  5. I totally understand changing the patterns you chose at the beginning of the year. Make 9 is one of my sewing goals this year, however I choose categories such as skirts or tops instead of patterns. You are on way to accomplishing your make 9 goals. I will be cheering you on.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You make great looking garments Mariela and I'm cheering you on as well.

      Delete
  6. These are fantastic garments!! I love all; especially love the yellow one. I would love to get the jogger pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're doing great Faye!! I like your pants :)

    I've never done the Make9 because there is NO way I can plan 1 year ahead. No. Way. LOL!!!

    I plan to sew those Lisette pajamas too! We could sew-along :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you KS! Planning ahead and having lost interest in the original patterns selected has been my problem. I think a sew-a-long for the Lisette pj's is a GREAT IDEA! When would be a good time for you? I'll bet lots of other bloggers/instgramers would like to join in for an informal sew-a-long. Honestly, it would help me get them made. Please let me know if we can make this possible!!!

      Delete
    2. I'm game any time in November! Do you want to do it after Thanksgiving maybe and go into early December??

      Delete
  8. Your joggers look good, and I still love that yellow top. I believe you can do it, but you surely deserve lots of credit for trying!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marjie, I do feel that I've drug this thing out. But, I'll continue to try.

      Delete
  9. These joggers look great on. I may have to consider the Simplicity pattern just for the ease of using a pattern that is already printed and not PDF. I don't mind PDF's but sometimes the ease of a printed pattern ready for use is helpful for sewing an item.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda. I'm still working on a sloper/block for the upper part of my pants including crouch curve. If I can pin that down, I think then I will be able to make up a pair of pants in a jiffy.

      Delete
  10. Yay! I'm so happy you made these and that you love them, I second the pajama sew along! You still have tons of time to finish up your make nine, I hope you make all the things on your list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you LaQuana. Patterns are still subject to change though. I'm really liking the idea of the pj sewalong too. I think I'll give it some thought and I'll get back to you on it soon.

      Delete

THANKS FOR LOOKING IN. YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED!!!

Paying Homage to Black Pattern Designers...

...for years February has been set aside as a special time to learn about and recognize accomplishments of African Americans and other peopl...