It's the last day of the "Bottoms Up" challenge, but the day is still young. I just finished the second bottom of the challenge. Of course I originally planned to do more, but the day is still young, and there is no telling what I'll be able to come up with. The sewing cave is littered with patterns, I would show it to you, but I'm much too embarrassed of it at the moment.
These pants are a true olive; I thought the others were but now I think differently. I bought this fabric at the March Expo from the Vouge Fabrics booth. It was a large remnant and not clearly marked so the fabric content is still a mystery to me. It wasn't exactly the weight I wanted, but oh well, I have to make pants out of something. Made from my ancient TNT Simplicity 8707 pattern again. I do think that I've got the pattern tweaked so it fits just right at this point. But I thought that with the last pair that I made - after wearing them to work I couldn't wait to get home to tweak them some more. I ended up going into the "safety hatch" (center back waistband and pants seam) to increase the seam, as well as taking them in in the side seams. I also had to re-hem them again because they were much too long.
ALL MY SEAMS who also suggested that I add Palmer and Pletsch's book "Pants for Real People" to my library. It's a super easy adjustment too. I've got one more pants pattern that I want to muslin, and of course if it doesn't work it'll be back to this TNT pattern.
I'll take this time to THANK ALL WHO PARTICIPATED IN MY APRIL CHALLENGES, or who planned on joining in but didn't have the time. You are the element that makes this so much FUN!!!
NOTE: Be on the look-out for a simple challenge I have planned for June...I think you'll love it...