May 3, 2011

THE TRUE SEWING TEST...

 GIVE-A-WAY UPDATE:  What's Up CupCake is having a great book give-a-way!  Check it out here.

... the TRUE TEST OF SEWING is wearing my hand sewn garments during an entire work day.    Although I muslin, and try  the garment on all through the construction process, just when I think everything is perfect - guess what?, sometimes it isn't.   I work  a little bit too far to come home for lunch to make adjustments or change clothes, so whatever  I choose to wear in the morning is it for the day - good or bad.

I wore the second pair of green pants today, and really and truly I LOVED THE FIT!

 I have at least four more pair planned for the summer.






Only 15 days of school left this semester so every one wanted in on the pictures.  These girls are all seniors so this is the last year that they will be with me.  It's a bitter sweet situation....

11 comments:

  1. Awesome job on the pants! Does this mean you have found your pants tnt pattern? Your senior girls looks so young and sweet- hard to think they will soon be out in the big wide world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow seniors that actually still look like kids. The few I knew of in MD looked older than me! :o
    This year has certainly flew by! That's great your pants were able to make it the entire day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pants Faye! The fit is perfect!!!! Your group of Senior girls looks like a nice bunch:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! It is the true test, isn't it? I am still struggling to finish up my pants. ALMOST DONE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Faye, I think you have found the perfect pant. They fit to a "T". Time is really going by fast. I can't believe the school year is coming to a close already. The young ladies look just that, like young ladies. God bless them with a promising future.
    C

    ReplyDelete
  6. That IS a perfect fit! I'm impressed! I hope to get there some day. We are counting down our school days too. It is bittersweet, especially concerning the seniors. We are out at about the same time give or take a few days for the underclassmen - I think they have about 19 days left. Time flies when you're having fun! Are you going to the graduation? Will you be wearing something you've made?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Faye, those pants have a really, really great fit, very nice job! I don't blame you for wanting to make 4 more! I do believe this is your new pants TNT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a nice looking group of girls! It looks like they really love you. Glad your pants worked out so wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great fit with your pants. Did you get my info you needed? Maybe I can be in on the next one. The storm that went through changed focus for a few days!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Faye, I just had an "after-thought" question...with all the exposure to your great "handmade" apparel, have any of your students decided to learn sewing?? I'm always thinking about inspiration and seeing someone else's sewing is what got me started at 13!

    ReplyDelete
  11. those pants look pretty sharp! good job!

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR LOOKING IN. YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED!!!

Paying Homage to Black Pattern Designers...

...for years February has been set aside as a special time to learn about and recognize accomplishments of African Americans and other peopl...