THING 1: TO ALL PARTICIPANTS OF THE "OVER THE TOP - 15 DAY CHALLENGE AND LOOKERS ON: I have a NEW PROPOSITION!
Marjie has suggested that we flip flop the challenge for the second half of the month to focus on BOTTOMS. I think this is a marvelous idea what with all the new tops we've just added to our wardrobes. I know that several other participants are also interested in doing this. So I officially propose that April 16th through April 30TH be proclaimed the "BOTTOMS UP - 15 DAY CHALLENGE".
Here's the criteria:
- Sew up or re-fashion the number of bottoms to your liking. One, two or three pair - whatever your schedule will permit.
- Skirts, skorts, pants, slacks, trousers, yoga pants, shorts etc. all qualify.
- Post your reviews, comments, tutorials and any other bottoms information you'd like to share on the "OVER THE TOP aka BOTTOM'S UP" blog.
- If you previously signed up for Over the Top challenge and are interested, you are already in - just go to work on bottoms on April 16th.
- If you previously signed up for Over the Top Challenge and are not interested - do nothing.
- If you didn't sign up originally but want to for this half of the challenge - let me know by commenting on THIS POST AND LEAVING YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS no later than Saturday April 16th.
- Here's the Button for the Challenge
I never ever make muslins for tops, I just go by my regular bust measurement (although they say go with the high bust measurement), may or may not add a little to the side seams and go for it. Things usually work out with tops unless I over think the process and decide to go with a larger size for the neck and chest areas which results in the top ending up too large. I love Hot Patterns - they are so stylish and interesting to me. (May be it's the names they give the patterns (Miss Moneypenny Skirt, Carried Away Suit, Riveria Boulevard Jacket, etc.) or maybe it's the chic pictures the use on the envelopes.) But love them as I may, I'm a little fearful of them, having tried only one - and that one not turning out as expected, has left me with cold feet. Here's a picture of my muslin, that I'm so glad I made. Results: Just a little tight in the armhole area. I won't reveal the pattern just yet, I just use my muslin as sneak peek.
Hopefully I will be able to get this made tomorrow night.
THING 3: Would somebody (anybody) put something interesting on television??? Project Runway, Fashion Show, Real Housewives of New Jersey....SOMETHING!!! And would ABC stop playing so many reruns and get on with the programs???