July 30, 2011

NEW BLOG FEATURE...FAYE'S DOLLHOUSE DELIGHTS

Just a little back story about the name of this feature:  
Some of you may already know that my given name is Linda Faye; but because there was another Linda in our family, I grew up answering to my middle nameIn addition, family and dear and close friends also dubbed me Fayedoll.  I've started writing cookbooks several times, but they never really took flight, so I thought I'd post some of my favorites here on my blog -as an added feature. 

Although mine is an "almost" dedicated sewing blog, I have been thinking about adding several features to showcase my other interests.  Today I'm introducing "Faye's Dollhouse Delights" -  recipes that I love and adore. 


...tis the season for fresh peaches.  I've made not one, not two but three trips to Lane Southern Orchards this season, not only to get fresh peaches, but for one of my favorite seasonal treats - Peach Cobbler.  Although I can and do make it at home myself, there is nothing like the aroma of it when cooked in mass quantities there at the orchard.

I love my own recipe (that I share below) but you can also find Lane's cobbler recipe here.  I'll swear, theirs looks and tastes just like mine.  If you are a cobbler fan maybe you'd like to try both recipes and compare for yourself.

PEACH COBBLER
1 large can peaches or 2 cups of fresh peaches
1 Cup Milk
1 Stick Margarine or Butter
1 Cup Sugar
1 Cup Self Rising Flour or Bisquick
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
1 Tablespoon Corn Starch (optional, but I like it)

Melt margarine or butter in a 9" x 13" casserole dish and set aside.
In a blender add: 1/4 Cup sugar, flour or bisquick and milk.  Blend until thoroughly
mixed.  (you can also use a mixer to blend these ingredients). Set aside.
In a sauce pan,slowly heat peaches, vanilla, 3/4 Cup sugar, and corn starch
just until warm and sugar is melted.
Pour peach mixture over butter in casserole dish.
Pour flour/milk mixture over peaches.
Bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees until bubbly and lightly browned.
> Serve while still warm; great with vanilla ice cream.

Variation:  This recipe also makes other great cobblers; just substitute a can of blackberry, cherry or blueberry Pie Filling for the peaches, and leave out the 3/4 cup sugar, vanilla, corn starch, and do not heat the pie filling.


ENJOY!!!

15 comments:

  1. Yummy. For those of us in Oz, what quantity is a "stick" of butter?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Pam 1 stick = 1/2 cup (US) or .4732 cup metric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, I'm so glad you answered that question, I would have had to google it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Sarah. Will give this one a go. Maybe even for tonight. Thanks for sharing Faye. I think trying others favourites is usually a good way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great feature to your blog and love the name Fayedoll. I will stay tuned for more Faye Dollhouse Delights.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is cool Ms. Faye!! Thanks for sharing some of your "delectables" with us! Looking forward to more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is awesome Faye! I love to try to new recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. MMMM, I do love me some Georgia peaches! I'll have to give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking forward to reading about your yummy treats and trying some of your recipes for myself:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are a multi talented person. I was curious why you did not use the name Linda and now I know.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh hurray! My husband is a huge fan of peaches, and here in the Northeast, they've just arrived at farmstands in the last 2 weeks or so. I'm also cooking/eating them up in droves! I'll have to give this recipe a try soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yummy, your recipe is making me want a peach cobbler right about now, lol. I'm happy about the new website feature because I'm always on the lookout for new recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I use exactly the same recipe for the cobbler topping! In the winter, when I don't have fresh fruits handy, I use canned pie filling, but your peach filling sounds simply divine!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this feature - cobbler is one of my fave desserts...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes, I think you should include all your interests in your blog. We do have so much in common! I love to cook, too and have bought sooo many cookbooks...most are about baking. I just added a post to share another of my interests. You have motivated me to share a little more about myself. I hope you stop by soon. No one has left a comment yet. Maybe you can be the first!...

    Those recipes look so good. At the next large gathering, it will be the star. I'll keep you posted!

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR LOOKING IN. YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED!!!

Paying Homage to Black Pattern Designers...

...for years February has been set aside as a special time to learn about and recognize accomplishments of African Americans and other peopl...