February 10, 2012

A NEW ADDITION FOR THE LIBRARY...

...My sewing library is very valuable to me.  Not just monetarily, but rather the value of having the much needed informational resource readily at hand.  I've seen several other bloggers preview this new fitting manual recently, and I am very glad to get my hands on it.

The Complete Photo Guide to Perfect Fitting


With The Complete Photo Guide to Perfect Fitting, you'll learn:
- The importance of a fitting axis and how to use it during a fitting
- How to recognize fitting issues, such as drag lines and folds
- How to manipulate fabric to solve common and unusual fitting problems
- How to transfer the fitting changes to your pattern easily
- Basic pattern-making skills to ensure accurate alterations
See the fitting process from start to finish on basic garments, fitted on real people. Then follow fitting solutions on different body types. The lessons you learn will help you fit any body.

I'd wondered about the book after first seeing it - would it be able to teach me anything that a book I already have wouldn't?  But after taking time to preview my copy I have to let you know that I seriously like it.  It is very easy to read, and the directions are extremely clear and concise.  I don't think this book will get much rest on the shelf or have time to collect any dust.   I've already read several solutions that I know will assist me with my fitting issues.  I plan on using it with one of my projects this weekend.

Do you have this book yet or plan on adding it to your library??? 

10 comments:

  1. The more I read about this book, the more I think one might just end up at my house some day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've ordered it and I'm waiting for it to be delivered :)
    So nice to hear you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Faye I agree! I received my copy this week and have been taking it to bed for a good read. I too feel this book offers another prospective that I have not seen in other books I have and I am excited to try some of the fitting techniques. I agree that it is a great addition to the sewing library.
    Cecil

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see your comments on this book. It's also on my wishlist. I'm trying to make a outfit for my niece who lives across the country...I'll need some assistance to solve her fitting issues (she is long-waisted and over 6 feet tall) and the visual help will make it easier, I think.

    Glad to read your endorsement. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been reading lots of positive comments about this book – just when I vowed to not buy any more books! I have a feeling I'll be buying one more book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just got my copy. Anxious for some bedtime reading.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just received my copy last week but have yet to look through it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll have to add this to my wish list! I love a book with lots of photos - it's lacking in most!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll be interested in hearing what you have to say about it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do not have this book but have read many good reviews. May have to add to my growing library, as well. lol

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR LOOKING IN. YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED!!!

Paying Homage to Black Pattern Designers...

...for years February has been set aside as a special time to learn about and recognize accomplishments of African Americans and other peopl...