May 28, 2014

DREAMY SUMMER SEWING...

...everyone knows that I like to name things, right?  Last year I named my summer hand crafted apparel pieces my "Summer Breezes Collection".  This year I'm calling my pieces the "Summer Dreaming Collection".  Anyways, last summer during one of my blog cruising sessions I happened upon this unique knit top - fell in love with it, but never got around to trying to imitate it.  I thought this type top deserved a spot in this year's Summer Dreaming line up.   The top is from Asos.com but I couldn't find a picture of it anywhere on their website.  Guess I should have grown up to be a fashion designer because I'm always trying to morph something or another - guess I missed my calling (ha).

I started with my Megan Neilson Briar top pattern as the foundation,

raised the depth of the neckline scoop 1".  Left off the right sleeve but extended the left shoulder 13 inches.  I adjusted the front and back hemlines to a straight line omitting the concave/convex or high low shaping.

My fabric is a Wal-Mart very lightweight, sweatery feeling knit.  It was the only fabric I could find that wasn't too heavy, and that had just the right drape.  My version of the top is also black, so my photo doesn't show up that well, but it's finished, I'm happy, and now I can cross this one off my to sew list - lightening up that list just a bit.
I think I want to make a second one from a drapey four way stretch taupe knit that I found on Hancock's $3.98 table a few days ago - mmmmmm, we'll see.

ARE THERE ANY ITEMS YOU'RE PLANNING TO KNOCKING OFF?  I'D LOVE TO HEAR ABOUT THEM - SERIOUSLY...


1 comment:

  1. It looks pretty good fro what I can see Faye! I bet it's really comfortable too, when you do remake, it should be in a nice summery color! Great job morphing!

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR LOOKING IN. YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED!!!

Paying Homage to Black Pattern Designers...

...for years February has been set aside as a special time to learn about and recognize accomplishments of African Americans and other peopl...