May 28, 2014

A BATTLE WITH THE BUDGET...

...When Kyle of Vacuuming the Lawn posted about her new Vogue Fabrics Sophia knit swatches, my sewing budget (yes, believe it or not I do have one) self immediately raised her voice.  She can get sorta  loud too.  The conversation went something like this:

HER:  You know you do not need that!
ME:  Yes, but...
HER:  You don't need it.
ME:     Let me get a word in edgewise please.
HER:   But you don't need it.
ME:     But you know how much I love knits.
HER:   But you don't need it.
ME:     But I'll be able to know what the exact colors look like.
HER:  You don't need it.
ME:    But you know I'm slightly color challenged.
HER:  You don't need it.
ME:    Well it's only 5 bucks, and I'm the boss.  Click, submit!

I love Sophia knits, they are so soft, and have a very similar fiber content as pontederoma.  Now I'll know the exact shade of each color before I buy, all 28 colors.  $5.00 with no shipping cost was a great deal.  Thanks for showing them Kyle.

18 comments:

  1. Man, now I wanna buy this! But the shipping to Canada is ridiculous, unless they've changed the policy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got free shipping on this, it came in a regular size envelope. Should be free for you too!

      Delete
  2. ....and thank you for sharing it with us too Faye! I am heading over to Vogue Fabrics to get mine too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome Myra. I thankful that Kyle shared them too.

      Delete
  3. I frequently have similar internal dialogues, and ME always wins, sometimes to the stash's gain and the budgets big loss :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, I do like the sophia knits, too....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Clio. They are so nice and soft.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the lead to the Vogue fabric.....sorry you had to argue with your inner self.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nana the colors are all so beautiful. I have to argue with her quite often.

      Delete
  6. You definitely made the right decision! Great to have that little trinket in the sewing room.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh Ms.Faye. I want one now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I told "myself" that you need one too Sheila! (lol)

      Delete
  8. Very good post. I buy quite a bit of fabric online and this would be a good thing to have. Sometimes it is hard to know one type of knit from another. A "type" samples group would be of benefit to me also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vogue fabrics was a vender at a sewing expo that I attended one year, and I made sure I felt up the Sophia knit while I was there even though I didn't buy. While I know and like the feel, it's the color thing that I have a problem with when ordering online. These swatches will be a big help to me come fall and winter.

      Delete
  9. Better that you should know the exact color before you buy. Your budget self was a little off base on this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Marjie. My budget self is soooo overprotective, although she does save me from financial disaster from time to time.

      Delete

THANKS FOR LOOKING IN. YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED!!!

Paying Homage to Black Pattern Designers...

...for years February has been set aside as a special time to learn about and recognize accomplishments of African Americans and other peopl...