May 8, 2014

A LONG DRY SEASON...

... It's Thursday evening again, and the long, dry, lack luster season of Project Runway withdrawal has begun.
Talk about branding!  The Project Runway trilogy has become such an integral part of my life and has    added lots of posh, style and embellishment to my Thursday night entertainment.  Yes folks, I am hooked.  Even though when asked, "do you learn anything about sewing by watching the show?".  My answer is always, emphatically "No", it's not about learning sewing technique; it's about the sewing DRAMA!  I unapologetically love each show/season.  And I miss it too.

This is the way Thursdays usually go for me;  I call my Mom (or she calls me) to see if each one is planning on watching.  Why of course we are, so why do we even ask!  The main reason for the call is to see if we each think we are going to be able to stay awake for the duration of the show.  I have to admit that I've nodded out on multiple episodes, or even fallen completely asleep.  When that happens I watch via internet on Friday or Saturday.  My Mom on the other hand rarely makes it through (she's the go to bed with the chicken's type) so she tapes and watches on Friday mornings.  Then we have another phone conversation on Friday afternoon to recap, theorize, talk about who should have gone home, predict who's going home next week, and laugh about the craziness of the  night before.

I propose that the brand expand into one more venture ala Project Runway (something or another), to afford me year long television viewing entertainment.   This is what good old Google had to say about the matter:

Lifetime Announces 'Project Runway' Season 12 Premiere ...

xfinity.comcast.net/.../lifetime-announces-project-runway-season-12-pre...
Heidi Klum, Nina Garcia, Zac Posen, and Tim Gunn are back and ready to rule the “Runway.” Season 12 of “Project Runway” will premiere Thursday, July 18, at 9/8c, Lifetime announced Friday, with a host of very fashionable changes in store this season.

 I guess Michael Kors is never coming back...sigh.

 That's my late week life in a nut shell.
 If you are a Runway Addict like me, what are you watching through this long dry season???

14 comments:

  1. It so depressing. I lost Scandal and Project Runway around the same time.

    Right now I'm watching Hells Kitchen on Thursdays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are a couple of seasons of The Great British Sewing Bee. Much more technical, than drama. It's a refreshing change of pace from PR.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've turned off the television. It's either that are old reruns :) and I mean OLD
    reruns!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another vote here for both seasons of the Great British Sewing Bee. Overall, delightful, and not edited for drama. Also, you get a full hour, no commercial interruptions. Go here http://www.tubeplus.me/player/2139373/The_Great_British_Sewing_Bee/season_2/episode_7/Episode_7/ and arrow back to episode #1.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous5/09/2014

    I am catching up on my sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me too. I don't learn a thing but I love the drama of it all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maybe you can buy and rewatch previous seasons to help you make it through! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. I purchased Seasons 1 - 4 and watch them while I'm sewing! I'm a PR junky!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I generally can't stay awake for the whole epi either (especially when it's the regular (non-all-stars) season and it's 90 min long. So usually I'll just watch it online on Friday night after coming home from work. My sewing friend ATP and I text each other about it while we watch it, even if we're not watching at the same time. It's a riot. :)

    As for what I'm watching right now...sometimes the Colbert Report or the Daily Show but mostly I watch them online (and not all that frequently).

    Oh, and I loved GBSB season 1 and the Christmas special. I have not watched season 2 yet, but I will!

    ReplyDelete
  10. don't they make it look so easy lol! they just slap the fabric across the dress form & waa laa an outfit is born, I love that show!
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  11. No TV here for the last few months and I am only missing my shows a teeny bit.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's hockey playoff season, so that's been on a lot for my husband. Aside from that, I've been watching Castle and Once Upon A Time, though I'm behind on the latter due to hockey and lack of free time to watch when hubby isn't around.

    As for Michael Kors, I still haven't forgiven him for the Becky Home-Ecky thing, so I don't care if he comes back, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am such a big fan of PR too! I am really behind in watching...it doesn't always air on a channel that I get up here in Canada, but we have been having some luck with downloads! Squeee! I just find it so inspiring to see what they come up with; and under such time constraints. I mean, 30 minutes in Mood. I can barely pick out matching thread in 30 minutes, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Perfect post Faye and a "resounding YES" I am a Project Runway addict! I too am in withdrawals too! I what a lot of HGTV because we're in the process of renovating some parts of our home. Project Runway was the show that my hubby and I would get the popcorn and beer ready for! It was like a night out at the movies! We would record it Thursday and watch Friday night after work...what a way to start the weekend! Thanks for the heads up on the new season, I'm putting a calendar reminder in my phone so I don't forget!!

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR LOOKING IN. YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED!!!

Paying Homage to Black Pattern Designers...

...for years February has been set aside as a special time to learn about and recognize accomplishments of African Americans and other peopl...