November 14, 2018

#BLC 2018 - Day 14: What Sewing Means To Me & Others...

...sewing means so much to me; it's my happy place even when every stitch isn't perfect.  I find solace in my sewing room at the end of a stressful day even if I don't end up sewing a stitch.  It helps me release pressure.  I could go on and on about what sewing means to me; but I'm also interested in knowing what it means to other sewists like myself.  So I reached out to the sewing community to find out and wanted to share their thoughts here:


MESHA STANLEY ECHEVARRIA



Sewing is my place of PEACE. It allows ME to be Me. I was in a relationship where I wasn't able to express myself, and both my natural and artistic voices were silenced. Even though I was eventually  able to escape that relationship, I wasn't able to free my mind from years of bondage. Once I began to sew I found my voice and I learned so much about myself. Whenever I feel myself getting down about anything, I get in front of the sewing machine, get to work, and all the negative energy begins to dissipate and I am able to get into my PEACEFUL zone.

You should see all the beautiful things Mesha creates in her PEACEFUL zone:
Instagram:  @keamesha

3 comments:

  1. Faye, what a beautiful post! Reading this post from both you ladies, reminded me of how important sewing is to some of us! Yes, it’s definitely a relaxing, happy place for me too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for reading Myra!

      Delete
    2. You’re very welcome! And my plan is to read each and every one too!

      Delete

THANKS FOR LOOKING IN. YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED!!!

Paying Homage to Black Pattern Designers...

...for years February has been set aside as a special time to learn about and recognize accomplishments of African Americans and other peopl...