November 17, 2018

#BLC 2018 - Day 17: Not Preaching, Just Real Talk...

... as we fast approach the day that we've set aside as a nation to give thanks, I am reminded of things I thank God for not only during this time of year - but daily.   It is so easy to take the good things that have been bestowed upon us for granted. The Bible advises us in 1 Thessalonian 5:17 to pray without ceasing; constantly and recurring. One of the things I pray for AND thank God for daily is pain freedom.  Such is the prayer of people who live with chronic illnesses.  People who have experienced debilitating pain still remember that pain - even on "feel good days".  It is in the midst of remembering that I am prompted to be thankful - does that make sense?

I ran across this little prayer today that asks God to bless hands, mind, strength of body and passion of heart and it was so meaningful to me that I thought I'd share it here.   

Each of these components are vital to the execution of my craft - I need to also add vision to the list.  I realize that all the tools, supplies, fabrics and patterns in my sewing room with which I have been so richly blessed are useless without the blessing of all the rest...

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Selah(I just had to pause, stop and think about it) Carrie. Amen!

      Delete
  2. Amen. The contents of this post was nourishment to my soul on this beautiful Sunday morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you felt that way Alethia!

      Delete
  3. Thank you for these thoughts. I have dealt with chronic pain for years long but over the past year have had great relief. Sometimes you don't know how bad you feel until it's not there to feel. Your prayer for a pain free life is so necessary for so many. Thanks for that Faye. Each day I wake up without issues is a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed Bunny the absence of pain is a huge blessing.

      Delete
  4. Amen, amen and amen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. God bless you always! Thank you for this post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amen. Well said Ms. Faye and yes it makes total sense! Thank you so very much for sharing this much needed post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely makes sense. I love the prayer you shared!

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR LOOKING IN. YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED!!!

Paying Homage to Black Pattern Designers...

...for years February has been set aside as a special time to learn about and recognize accomplishments of African Americans and other peopl...