March 15, 2010

IT WORE LIKE A CHARM...

I thought I'd better get some wear from what I think is my last winter suit of the season. Did I say yesterday that "spring will be here in 1 1/2" weeks"? Well, maybe it will be here in two weeks because it was still really chilly at lunchtime today. My suit was comfortable, nothing binding or pulling on me - so that was a good thing. To make something, try it on and the fit is good is one thing, but the true test is an 8 hour stand a while, sit a while work day.

I love my suit and have nothing negative to say about it, but you know how we sewers are. So the synoptic review of the suit is:
  • The jacket is a good fit! This is in parts thanks to the "Threads Fitting" DVDs, where I learned to fit my middle to ensure ample room for closure in the front of my jacket without increasing the shoulder size. I prefer wearing it open opposed to buttoned. The sleeve ruffle is o.k., and I will make the jacket again for spring/summer, but next time the sleeve will be cut slightly longer and the ruffle will not be as wide. I just think a wide ruffle is a bit overpowering on me.
  • As I've mentioned before, I must go down a hip size when I make the next pair of pants. There was plenty of room for bending and sitting, but I think they are still a little baggy in the hip area.


All in all I think its a great suit that I'll get lots of wear out of next fall/winter season...

34 comments:

  1. I think you can transition that into a spring jacket to get more wear out of it. It is fabulous. I really like the sleeve details, buttons, pockets...ok - I think it's clear I love everything about your suit. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great. I just love your suit, and the details. It's so nice to hear it was comfortable too, that makes it all worth it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really looks great. So professional. I like the sleeves and don't think they are overpowering.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very lovely suit! The style and color is great on you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous3/15/2010

    OMG you look so great in this! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terrific suit. I love the sleeves!

    ReplyDelete
  7. As always, great job! (And the sleeves are really great!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your suit is FANTASTIC. Your clothes are always made impeccably, excellent work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that jacket the first time I saw it, still love it on you. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice suit, great fit.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it. I would never have chosen the jacket because I think the ruffle is too fussy, but then I see it on you and my opinion is totally changed because it is lovely. In a light linen in a bright colour it would make a great spring jacket, too. You're very patient with your pants. I'm still avoiding mine. Perhaps I'll wait until SWAP is done.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantabulous!!! Or some such word!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, love that jacket, it came out great! The whole outfit is very classy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Like everyone else one of my favorite details are the sleeves. And doesn't it just make you feel fantastic when it all comes together like it should and then it passes the all day test!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love it Faye...you look very classy!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous3/16/2010

    Your suit looks wonderful on you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like the sleeve ruffle! It adds a little bit of "hip" factor to the suit. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love it! It's feminine without being cutesy, which is so hard to find in a RTW suit! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! You look great in that suit! You should be proud of how well it looks and wore!

    ReplyDelete
  20. fabulous suit! u look great. Love the color and the feminine style. great job!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Another award awaits you on my last post.

    ReplyDelete
  22. You look great and it looks comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ooh, you look so nice! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Anonymous3/17/2010

    Miss Faye, you are all kinds of inspirational, you know that. Looks really, really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Yay! I'm glad it wore well throughout the day!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Just lovely!!! You can take this into Spring definitely!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow, that is so beautiful, I love the style and the color...I guess you can still get to wear the jacket in spring....Well made and nice

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful suit Faye! I really like the jacket style on you.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Another lovely suit!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Dr. Faye, you are one stylin' professor! I adore this ensemble on you!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Anonymous3/29/2010

    I love this look on you! You wear it well. Keepm em coming!

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR LOOKING IN. YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED!!!

Paying Homage to Black Pattern Designers...

...for years February has been set aside as a special time to learn about and recognize accomplishments of African Americans and other peopl...