May 29, 2010
A GRACIOUSLY ACCEPTED NEW AWARDS...
My new sewing inspiration, Carolyn, from way across the big pond recently gave me this award. Thank you so very much Carolyn, I will try to live up to it.
Someone else gave me the Sunshine Award a while ago (so sorry I can't remember who did, but I never got around to posting it. I just treat them as one award to get it taken care of. I think that I have to tell ten things about myself, and then select 5 other blogs upon which to bestow the awards. Here goes:
1. I was born in Georgia, but have lived in New York, California, back to New York, and now in Georgia again - this time for 31 years.
2. I became an instructor at the age that most people are starting to think about retirement. (Instructor for 8 years now) I am a FIRM believer that you are never too old to learn, and what ever you set your mind to can be achieved. I will be graduating for the empteenth time with a Technical Studies Degree on June 18th.
3. I'm a television watcher! However, I follow very few shows. Favorites are: Desperate Housewives, Gray's Anatomy, use to be ER & Boston Legal, and Project Runway. I am a HUGE Law and Order fan and frequently watch L&O marathons while sewing.
4. I recently started an exercise program (for the empteenth time); determined to get my skinny back and be a fashionista in my golden years. It's a work in progress for sure!
5. I respect "me" a lot, because many times "she" is the only person I can depend on.
6. I really enjoy spending time alone, and can ALWAYS find something to do to entertain myself (mostly sewing and internet). But, when it's time for people interaction I know how to enjoy that too.
7. I usually become overly obsessed with what I'm interested in at the time. My interests have of course changed from time to time. Once it was gardening, but for the past 3 years it has been with sewing - hope this obsession lasts and lasts and lasts because I am really enjoying the ride.
8. I love flowers and can identify quite a few varieties.
9. I am a green vegetable lover and so is my daughter and grand-children.
10. I am an exhalter by nature and God's gift. I love to make people feel good about themselves, and find it quite easy to do. I'm also a talker - at times, and I can make almost anybody laugh.
Carla Faye @ http://causeiwanna.wordpress.com
My homey Elaray @http://anothercreation.blogspot.com
Adelaide @http://craftprettysweet.blogspot.com; &
SEWING RELATED: I'm currently working on a jacket muslin that I actually need to finish today in preparation of tomorrow's sew-in.
ON THE HOME FRONT: I've started trying out new quick and easy healthier menus. I've been craving this Hibachi Shrimp dish from a local Japanese restaurant for about a week now. I finally had a chance to go there earlier this afternoon, and of course the don't open until 5p.m. WOW, and after I drove way out of the way to get there. I was starving (not a good thing) so I concocted my own recipe praying over it while I cooked; and GUESS WHAT! It tasted just like the dish from Genji's. I think I'm on to something here. Quick cooking keeps me out of starvation mode, is better for my health, and gets me back into the sewing room quicker.
Great food and lots of sewing time....PRICELESS!
...i 've been wanting to make a few turtleneck knit tops to fill a wardrobe gap. I made the first one (here) using oop Kwik Sew 1287...
...a BOYFRIEND styled coat that is! I'm late, I'm late, for a very important date - My Annual Coat Making Process . Last year I st...