I noticed a top that a student was wearing several weeks ago - YOU KNOW HOW WE DO. Where most people "people watch", I like most sewists garment watch. I loved the top, complemented her on it, and simultaneously structured my plan to knock it off; after all - "it's all for the love of the game." I instantly knew I had just the right fabric and just the right pattern(s). I morphed Simplicity 4503 and the neckline of Burda 7449. The first attempt was a disaster and squeezed me like a sausage link. However, I had enough fabric to cut out another one salvaging the cowl collar from the first. What can I say, I'm in love with it...
|Of course it's worn like this.|
I spent some time to working on my long over due sewing cave curtains and actually finished them. These are only the second curtains I've ever made. I'll post pictures as soon as I get them hung.
Made this cute little apron (my first since 8th grade), using McCall's 5997 minus the instruction sheet (Lord only knows what happened to it. I really do think it was just missing from the pattern envelope when I purchased it). Took a little work because I not use to working with instructions. I did manage to get it together, but afterwards checked the line drawing on the internet and found that I created a whole new way of attaching the ties. Oh well, it works, and it's pretty.
I also refashioned a top that I made in '09 but only wore once.
|I turned this...|
I've got lots more to do, but there's still no concrete plan. Not mindless sewing but rather SW/OP - and it's actuallya lot of fun!!!