I've been so focused on the dress challenge that I neglected to post my finished Butterick 5333 jacket. It took me a while because of course I added features that were not included in the pattern. There is still a matching pair of pants yet to be finished; however, bear in mind there is still that little matter of my sewing rule to contend with - that being - finish all projects started. So the pants will get finished, but for now I have to move on with my dress.
one inch down the center front to ensure I'd have plenty of room for buttoning up without gaping - this means I added a total of two inches to the center front of the dress. It worked, but I think I'd be more comfortable adding another 1/4" totaling a 1/2" increase.