- lots of fashion conversation while there,
- managed to hit the Joann's McCall's pattern sale chauffeured by Jerome (baby brother),
- I scored three nice fabric pieces from their local WalMart while shopping with Inell (Mother). Couldn't manage to get it to fit in my return home suitcase although I tried r-e-a-l hard. Pat (baby sister) will deliver on a visit later this month,
- There are actually three sewing machines at my sister Brenda's (middle sister) house so I choose one and gave it a little road test by working up a muslin for New Look 6130 peplum top,
- At the last minute I did QUITE a bit of alterations for Brenda which I really enjoyed. It was a labor of love and actually a lot of fun...
- I managed to escape last week's torrid southern heat while relaxing in my Mother's beautiful back yard; however I think I made up for that yesterday when 98 degrees felt like 1,010 - wow! By the way, we used this Pinterest tip while enjoying the back yard.
|Pinterest suggested using only one penny, but we had an entire line of them across the bottom of the bag. Hung two bags to the sunbrella - IT WORKED!!! |
PURPOSE: TO REPEL PESKY FLYS