March 31, 2013

2013 ESSENTIAL TOPS SAL...TOP #2 FOR ME


ESSENTIAL TOPS SAL UPDATE
26 TOPS POSTED
7 DAYS TO GO

... I've finished my second top.  Took me two days because I had to switch patterns.  I started making a wearable muslin of New Look 6150.  So glad I made a muslin, because as I thought, I did have a problem with View B gaping in the front.  Modifications will need to be made when I try that pattern again.  I switched to a pattern that I had made last summer - Simplicity 1916 View F.  The top made from this pattern summer was a winner for me, so I decided to give it another try. 

Even though I'd made the pattern  successfully before, I still went to Pattern Review to see what others  thought about it - and I'm glad that I did.  I found the same top made  by Aleah from No Time to Sew and loved the modifications she  made to it.  I followed her example because I didn't want this years version to look exactly like last years.  The only thing different is I didn't have enough fabric to do the short sleeves - but that's ok, I still love it.

You can't see the twist band on the front but it's there.


I love jersey knit and choose this print mainly because of the medium blue color in the print.  I have fabric to match for pants that I'll make later on.  I might make this top again in a cotton knit and add the short sleeve next time.

Hope everyone had a Wonderful Easter, enjoying it with family, friends and a great Easter meal.

30 comments:

  1. Once again, I love that print!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its a lovely elegant top Faye.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super fabric - love it made up in this top!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Judith. I just posted your top which I am in love with by the way.

      Delete
  4. I love the fabric. I seen it on Fabric Mart and almost bought it, but decided I didn't need to add to my stash ;p

    The top is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know how it is when it comes to adding to your stash. But I just can't seem to pass up a good jersey knit. I didn't get quite enough of this particular one. Maybe I'll luck up and it'll show up on Joann's sale table so I can pick it up later.

      Delete
  5. Again, I love the fabric! You have a good eye for prints.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your compliment Karin. RE: my eye for prints, I just know I don't want them to be too big and over powering. I am a big fan of navy blue - but it is sort of hard to find it in a print believe it or not.

      Delete
  6. I agree with Karin! It's very pretty and the fabric is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nakisha. That shirt you made is impeccable!

      Delete
  7. Super little top! Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and Happy Spring to you too my friend.

      Delete
  8. Loving this fabric and this top. This looks like a great little summer top that would be cool and comfortable too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chris, Yeah, I'm planning for the hot, hot summer that's just down the road.

      Delete
  9. Cute top indeed! And a great fabric choice. You know what?...I think I CAN see the twist band on the front! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Terri, I really like the top and plan on making another one up with a short cap sleeve next time. I'm glad I Aleah's top - she had a great idea!

      Delete
  10. Looks great, Faye. I see the twist.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you Bunny - I love that twist. I'm steadily watching what you produce too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Perfect top for summer. Will look great under a jacket or on its own. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'll be glad I made it when the temperatures start to soar Rhonda. Thank you.

      Delete
  13. A beautiful blouse and such lovely fabric.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing like the leather peplum Regina, but I do thank you.

      Delete
  14. This pattern is in my "to sew" pile. Think I'll get on this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The top goes together pretty quickly Julie. I'm sure you'll love it too.

      Delete
  15. Your top is lovely! I'm glad my tweak to the pattern inspired you, and thanks for the acknowledgement!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome Aleah. Thank you!

      Delete

THANKS FOR LOOKING IN. YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED!!!

Paying Homage to Black Pattern Designers...

...for years February has been set aside as a special time to learn about and recognize accomplishments of African Americans and other peopl...