March 30, 2013

HAPPY EASTER & DAY 6 OF THE 2013 ESSENTIAL TOPS SAL...



...the week seems to have flown by didn't it.  In an effort to keep up finished projects, I visited blogs of  EACH SAL participants this morning, and found six lovely new Spring tops that have been completed. Pictures of these tops have been added to the SAL lineup and can be view by clicking above.   If I happen to post a picture that the maker wasn't ready for me to post - please send me a replacement picture and I will gladly change it.

...in the meantime, if you finish a top please email me to let me know so your top can be added to the lineup.  Including a picture and pattern number will help.

...sewing has been a slow go for me.  I just can't manage to work any night sewing in.  Weekend sewing is working better for me right now.  I cut out New Look 6150 on Monday because I wanted to sew up a few knit tops during the SAL.
I can't make up my mind between view B or sleeveless view C.  We'll see.  I'm not sure about  getting a proper fit  with a surplice top so it doesn't gap - it can sometimes be tricky for me.  I'm working on a wearable muslin right now because I didn't want to gamble with the  jersey knit that I've choosen.

Happy Resurrection Day to everyone near and far...

12 comments:

  1. Thanks for adding me, Faye! Happy Resurrection Day to you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for hosting this Faye! I love seeing what others have made!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Easter Faye! Looking forward to seeing your top:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having problems with skipping stitches even after a needle change. Happy Easter to you too Karen.

      Delete
  4. I just bought buttons for another top soon to be finished this afternoon. Had a movie date with my 14 year old today :)

    Where do we see the finished items of participants?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At the top of my post you will see "click here to see finished projects". When you click on it you will be taken to the page that contains all the finished tops.

      Delete
  5. Hi Faye, thank you for uploading the photo's - I had just looged on and was about to email you - it got too late last night but you were on my "to -do" list for today.

    I understand what you mean about trying to find "quality time" to sew. When you are not fatigued. I tend to do lots of bits and pieces here and there, and occasionally get a full day of uninterrupted time -bliss!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcomed Sarah, I am trying to keep up with posting the pictures. I've got a feeling that there will be a lot of them to upload during the coming week.

      Delete
  6. Hello Ms. Faye! Thanks again for a great challenge! I have two tops done and I need to post them so you can get the photos. I will email you.

    BTW, I love that New Look pattern! It's one of my favorites! Tip for you...I didn't have any gap with the pattern and that was without any adjustments. Good luck with yours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Faye! Just returned from the Easter holiday with the children, couldn´t even trace the pattern for my top, don´t know if I´ll get there on time but I´ll sure try!

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR LOOKING IN. YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED!!!

Paying Homage to Black Pattern Designers...

...for years February has been set aside as a special time to learn about and recognize accomplishments of African Americans and other peopl...