March 14, 2013

IF GOOGLE READER IS SHUT DOWN...

...does that mean that my blog's dashboard will also be shut down???

It took a long time for me to understand "What an RSS Feed was".  To be truthful, there is still a lot  I don't understand about it.  When I  discovered  my blogs "DASHBOARD", it was instant love.  Being an avid blog reader - the dashboard is a huge time saver.  It let's me know which of my favorite bloggers have posted - so if it doesn't show up on my dashboard, I don't have to check in on them = time saved.

The question I need to ask is "if Google Reader is shut down on July 1st" will I still have use of my blog's DASHBOARD????

Dashboard will only allow you to follow 300 blogs.  (I know - sounds like a lot, but all 300 bloggers don't post every day or even every week).  I'm just getting use to Bloglovin, does it limit the number of blogs you can follow too???

9 comments:

  1. Google Reader shutting down is utter nonsense. I can't believe they are doing this to us. It's the main service I use to read blog posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You might want to find something besides Bloglovin' - from what I've read that will be shutting down soon too. I don't think the dashboard is going to shut down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an excellent question, I hope someone has the answer. I use google reader and so far I can't find a good alternative. Using the dashboard could work though if no one comes up with anything better by July 1.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why would they even do that! Hope we get some better alternative out there...

    ReplyDelete
  5. What about the blog roll thingy? Is that part of Google Reader? That's how I keep up to date on my blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay I don't think the dashboard is going away, there would be a notice on blogger wouldn't there? I guess it's harder on people who aren't on blogger but use a reader...what are their alternatives. Personally I use my dashboard, it's always just been very easy to do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been wondering this exact same thing. I don't want it to be harder for my followers and am not sure what to do yet. So many questions! and where to go for answers????

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have tried to review several readers here: http://mary-sews.blogspot.com/2013/03/searching-for-blogger-replacement.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous3/22/2013

    Faye, I followed your lead and joined networkedblogs and bloglovin (today). Now I have to play with it and learn more about it. I'm following you there. :-)

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR LOOKING IN. YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED!!!

Paying Homage to Black Pattern Designers...

...for years February has been set aside as a special time to learn about and recognize accomplishments of African Americans and other peopl...