- What do you do when your week just does not go as planned?
- Guess what y'all...tweet, tweet. Had to get with the program, keep up with my Grands, and stay in tune with social networking technology. How's that for a laugh!
- I am currently working on my first jacket of the season, and all is going pretty well (except) yesterday I sleep/serged one of the sleeves. Kick myself - of course I did! Rats, I knew I should have taken that nap! But, it is what it is, and I must sew on. Luckily, the cut was only a little under an inch, it's located slightly on underside of the sleeve, and my thread matches so closely that I was able to zigzag the repair. No one will notice - I'll swear if it wasn't for the little things that happen that "only we know about" all our projects would be perfect - wouldn't they?
The great thing about using this pattern now is it has already been fitted. I even saved my muslin complete with fitting notations written right on it. Cut and go projects - PRICELESS!
Here's a picture of my progress so far.
|CAN'T REMEMBER WHERE OR WHEN FABRIC WAS PURCHASED. BUT IT IS A TAUPE TWILL THAT I FOUND IN THE CLOSET STASH IN TWO SEPARATE PIECES - JUST ENOUGH FOR A JACKET AND MATCHING PANTS.|
|ADDED DOUBLE TOP-STITCHED, LINED FAUX POCKET FLAP.|
|SERGER BO-BO! - PRE-PRESSING. MAYBE PRESSING WILL FLATTEN IT OUT MORE?|
- STAY TUNED FOR AN UPCOMING NEW SEWING CHALLENGE...I'm so excited about it! You won't want to miss this one.
- Hope all sews well for you all this week...