May 22, 2011

LAST WEEK'S RE-CAP/THIS WEEK'S HAPPENINGS ...

Last Week
  • What do you do when your week just does not go as planned?
Roll with the punches!  And that's just what I did.  I had so very many sewing plans for last week, but none materialized.  I worked three nights and by the time I arrived home at night - all sewing inspiration had taken flight.

THIS WEEK
  • Guess what y'all...tweet, tweet.  Had to get with the program, keep up with my Grands, and stay in tune with social networking technology.  How's that for a laugh!
  •  I am currently working on my first jacket of the season, and all is going pretty well (except) yesterday I sleep/serged one of the sleeves.  Kick myself - of course I did!  Rats, I knew I should have taken that nap!  But, it is what it is, and I must sew on.  Luckily, the cut was only a little under an inch, it's located slightly on underside of the sleeve, and my thread matches so closely that I was able to zigzag the repair.  No one will notice - I'll swear if it wasn't for the little things that happen that "only we know about" all our projects would be perfect - wouldn't they?
 I knew after making this jacket last summer that Butterick 5333 would become a TNT jacket pattern. 


 

The great thing about using this pattern now is it has already been fitted.  I even saved my muslin complete with fitting notations written right on it.   Cut and go projects - PRICELESS!
Here's a picture of my progress so far.
CAN'T REMEMBER WHERE OR WHEN FABRIC WAS PURCHASED.  BUT IT IS A TAUPE TWILL THAT I FOUND IN THE CLOSET STASH IN TWO SEPARATE PIECES - JUST ENOUGH FOR A JACKET AND MATCHING PANTS.


ADDED DOUBLE TOP-STITCHED, LINED FAUX POCKET FLAP. 

SERGER BO-BO! - PRE-PRESSING.  MAYBE PRESSING WILL FLATTEN IT OUT MORE?
 I'll be lining the jacket this time rather than hong-kong finishing all of the princess seams.  I also added a back stay, and front shoulder support (per my tailoring books) to give the fabric a little more umph.   This jacket will be paired with matching pants from my TNT pants pattern that's been working out pretty good for me.

  • STAY TUNED FOR AN UPCOMING NEW SEWING CHALLENGE...I'm so excited about it!  You won't want to miss this one.
  • Hope all sews well for you all this week...

10 comments:

  1. So what's the link to your twitter account? Did you want sewing followers?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the jacket! I'll bet no one will notice the boo-boo (it is exactly the kind of thing that I do!).

    If you post a link to your Twitter account, I'll follow you.

    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! I didn't know that that pattern was featured in Sew News, so I am going to check it out ASAP! ~ Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post! So many truths! You are REALLY making me want to make a jacket! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great jacket pattern! Hate you had a boo-boo. We all do at times. Glad you can make a save.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Faye, I've done that kind of boo boo a time or two myself! But the jacket looks really, really nice! Can't wait to see the completed project on you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did that booboo just a couple of days ago on a ruffle. I was guilty of a SWD....sewing while distracted while I was on the phone being passed around from rep to rep. Can't wait to see what the challenge is.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cut and go project. Wonderful to have that. It's a very nice jacket in a color that you can wear with so many other colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Despite the booboo, the jacket is coming along nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the color of that jacket! I won't tell about the serger boo-boo if you won't tell about all of mine ;-)

    Looking forward to your next challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great jacket! I can't wait to hear about the next challenge!

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR LOOKING IN. YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED!!!

Paying Homage to Black Pattern Designers...

...for years February has been set aside as a special time to learn about and recognize accomplishments of African Americans and other peopl...