|Mmmmmmmmmm, smoking! I'm a glutton for colorful food - I MUST have color on my plate, after all we eat first with the eyes. |
I don't need a recipe for everything, but I do like them for most things. I modified Pat and Gina's recipe from Food Network - mine has fewer ingredients but I really love the results I get.
Dollhouse Italian Sausage with Peppers & Onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 package Johnsonville Sweet Italian Sausage (or flavor of your choice)
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 orange bell pepper, sliced
- 1 large yellow onions, sliced, (or colors of your choice)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1- 4 oz. can Tomato Sauce
- 5 Sesame seed hoagie rolls (or roll or bun of your choice)
Add onions and peppers to the skillet and saute until tender and golden brown, about 6 minutes. Add the garlic. Stir in the tomato sauce. Cook for a few minutes, then add the sausages back to the pan. Reduce the heat and simmer until the sauce is nice and thick, about 10 minutes.
Serve on a nice hoagie roll
NOTE: I've even gotten brave enough to try this with Beer Brats and they are just as wonderful!, no more waiting until fair time rolls around.
P.S. I'll be getting some sewing in tonight!!!