November 4, 2009

DOESN'T EVERYONE LOVE RECEIVING PACKAGES...& MONTH OF TOPS UPDATE...



Dang it, my picture showed up sideways! And of course I don't know how to fix it. I need a Blogger class! Doesn't EVERYONE just love receiving packages (unexpected of otherwise). Well, this one was expected and even though he doesn't know it, I was sweating the mailman about it. I've had the same mailman for the last 20 years, and although he is cute, he is not the most sociable person. He does however, wear short that are toooo short in the summer (at which I laugh at).
Anyways, James finally delivered my package from Smoking Needles' give a way - I won SECOND PLACE - hurray for me, and many thanks to Rachelle. I received a stuff bucket that I'll use to carry my stuff when I go away for sew-a-longs, 4 patterns and a toiletry travel kit. I just found out that I'll be going to a 2 day conference next week so I need that toiletry kit.

NOVEMBER: THE MONTH OF TOPS

NOTE: I WANT TO SET UP A MONTH OF TOPS DEDICATED BLOG, BUT JUST FOUND OUT THAT i NEED PARTICIPANT'S EMAIL ADDRESSES TO DO SO. PLEASE ADD YOUR EMAIL ADDRESSES IN A POST HERE TO ALLOW ME TO SET THE BLOG UP.

The list of people interested in THE MONTH OF TOPS SEW-A-LONG has grown to fourteen (including me). IT'S NOT TOO LATE TO JOIN US! Just post a comment saying you are interested, and you are in. All participant links will be posted on my right sidebar, so those wanting to follow your progress can click right in to your blog to see what you are doing along the way.

This sew-a-long is quite simple:

•Choose your fabrics

•Choose your patterns (or self draft)

•Add a new twist to a TNT pattern

•No quotas

•No limits

•You choose how many you want;
AND, JUST ADDED: REFASHIONS DO COUNT....

•and by November 30th we will have a number of added wardrobe options. ...

13 comments:

  1. Hooray!

    And here's my photo hint... I put all my photos on flickr. Once you upload a picture there, a small button appears above it that says "rotate" and you click which way & it flips it.

    To blog a flickr photo, you just click "all sizes" and then choose large/medium/small/thumbnail/square... and it gives you the HTML, easy peasy. :) Flickr is the greatest blogging photo site.. NAYY, i just love the site.
    Whoa, that was long, but maybe it will help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's my address:
    barbara.jugovac@gmail.com

    Ciao!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I looove packages too! Its like getting a present.. even if you know about it!
    here's my email:
    seamstress74@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL re:mailman short shorts, they do tend to be a tad different don't they. Here's my email: mun3@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Faye I'm glad you finally received and like your package. I'd actually forgotten what I sent! Add me to the sew-a-long. knitmachinequeen@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love receiving packages, too! :) I had a problem with the rotated picture, too, and I can't figure it out on blogger. My email is ang.m.so@gmail.com. Thanks for setting the sewalong up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Faye,
    I think I can handle this. And I need a boost to get my end of year sewing completed. Please add me.
    Angela
    creativediva728@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. My email is kathigarn @ verizon . net - look forward to the month of tops!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My email is trendall@yahoo.com.au. Thanks for setting this up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Count me in. If I get one done, I'm closer than I am now. I'll be using Wild Ginger to draft a couple. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Boy how I wish I had time to do this with with you. I'll be lucky to get my holiday sewing in :)

    Thinking of you while I'm watching "our show" It's taking us to some crazy places..

    It's going to be fun to watch this sew-a-long. Thanks for taking the time to put it together! You have time again... :) smart girl!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey there. I may have another photo tip. I have this problem periodically and somehow figured out how to solve it (I'll email you). Great to see all of your activity. Congrats on the second place prize.

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR LOOKING IN. YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED!!!

Paying Homage to Black Pattern Designers...

...for years February has been set aside as a special time to learn about and recognize accomplishments of African Americans and other peopl...