November 18, 2009

NO NEW TOP AS OF YET...

but there are two on the cutting table ready to go. I had another mishap yesterday and decided to count my lose early in the game. I promise you it wasn't me (lol), but rather the fabric choice. I was working with a light weight sweather knit and when I sewed the first few seams I knew I'd better call it quits because the fabric was stretching all over the place and the stitching was puckering like crazy. So I didn't want to waste too much time on something I thought was going to be totally unwearable.

I know that the Month of Tops is not a contest, but I feel so behind schedule. Life stuff just keeps popping up delaying my sewing goals. I think I will be able to salvage some time though, I've got this weekend, and only work Monday and Tuesday next week. Furloughed next Wednesday and the I have Thursday and Friday free and then another weekend to work on some tops. So it's on with the show. I will have something ready to post soon.....

5 comments:

  1. You may think you're behind schedule, but I think you've been very productive! And good call to call it quits before the entire project became so frustrating that it was no longer enjoyable.

    I can't believe we're aleady halfway through the month of tops...where does the time go?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girrrrrl..... I know what you mean about life stuff getting in the way of sewing. If it's any comfort, this is the way it's meant to be, part of the plan. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not everything goes the way we want sometimes. The thing is to know when to give up. I've had many projects end up in the garbage and it's always the fabric's fault :)
    Enjoy your sewing moments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As long as you have some tops at the end of the month, you win!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When you are ready to address the fabric again you may want to try sewing seems to a stabilizing seam ribbon - cotton or such...

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR LOOKING IN. YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED!!!

Paying Homage to Black Pattern Designers...

...for years February has been set aside as a special time to learn about and recognize accomplishments of African Americans and other peopl...