November 23, 2009

MOT#8



I started Simplicity 2850 at our little sew a long yesterday, but was unable to finish it. I rushed right home this evening to get it completed to wear to work tomorrow. I loved the two that Sheila made from this pattern and had to give it a try. I love the colors in this fabric and have a necklace that has exactly the same colors that I will wear with it. I made a shortened version on view A also, tapered the sleeves and added a simple hem rather than use the elastic as the pattern called for. I had a wee problem getting the neckband flat, but figure it was something I did wrong in cutting - I will rectify that glinch next time because I do plan on using this pattern again.

11 comments:

  1. Faye, this is beautiful, I love the print and the style.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're moving right along...
    I like this one. It's going to look good on. I'm having tons of fun watching you do this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When are you getting to those ruffles?

    ReplyDelete
  4. love it, especially with the necklace! love em all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Angelia11/24/2009

    Great print! Perfect with that necklace

    ReplyDelete
  6. Faye, this fabric is lovely. You're really working hard on getting more colour into your wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOOH Linda. I love this top . I love the whole combination. Another pattern that I must buy!!*SIGH*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this one, especially with that necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another great top and a perfect accessory.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are doin' the dang thang! lol. I love all nine and can't wait to see the 10th.

    Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh that is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR LOOKING IN. YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED!!!

Paying Homage to Black Pattern Designers...

...for years February has been set aside as a special time to learn about and recognize accomplishments of African Americans and other peopl...