2013 ESSENTIAL TOPS SEW-A-LONG FINISHED PROJECTS

November 12, 2009

MOT #4

I didn't want to have to sit around for two evenings with nothing to do so I brought my machines on my business trip. This is not the greatest of pictures, but here is top #4 for me. It's another TNT pattern, Simplicity 4095. It's another simple tee, but this time with a V neck line that has just a little rauching at the center front. I wasn't able to use the flat neckband application on this top because if the "V". I really needed a cream or off white top so this is it. I still have another piece of cream fabric in my stash that I will hopefully make up this month too.


Maybe I can manage to cut out another top while watching Project Runway...

10 comments:

  1. Great idea to bring your machines along for the trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Much better than sitting around being totally bored.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you've been sewing on a trip - such a great way to fill in down time! That top looks lovely - a really nice addition to your wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the tee shirt neckline, but I'm have difficulty visualizing this. Don't you get a lot of bulk at the shoulder where you sew shoulder seams and doubled neckline together. Am I missing something?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am always looking for variations on the basic t shirt and this looks like a nice one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous11/13/2009

    Hi Faye, glad to see you are still
    doing what you love doing.(sewing).Is this multitasking or what? I will check with you when
    you get home.
    Love and hugs,mom

    ReplyDelete
  7. Must have been nice to have some downtime on a businesss trip and be able to sew! A double blessing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've made a bit of a sew-cation from a business trip. You are sew smart.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sewist you are to take your machines on a trip! I took mine last time I went to mt dds, but that was so I could sew for her. Your tops are turning out so well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Please model this one!! It looks really cute, but I also want to be able to see it on to get the full picture!

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR LOOKING IN. YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED!!!

BOOKS ACQUIRED

  • Pants Sewing Guide
  • Denim Revolution
  • Pants for Real People
  • Jackets for Real Peopls
  • Easy, Easier, Easiest Tailoring - Palmer & Pletsch - Gifted
  • The Sewing Machine Attachment Handbook
  • Ribbon Crafts
  • Professional Sewing Techniques for Designers
  • Successful Serging
  • Making Trousers for Men and Women
  • Couture Sewing Techniques
  • Singer - Perfect Plus
  • Cool Couture
  • Couture, The Fine Art of Sewing
  • Singer Sewing Reference Library - Tailoring - GIFTED
  • The Perfect Fit: The Classic Guide to Altering Patterns - Creative Publishing International
  • Fit for Real People
  • DK-The Complete Book of Sewing