November 20, 2009

DRUM ROLL PLEASE!!! CELEBRATING...

my 200th post! An exciting milestone that took me 33 months to reach. I'll have to do something special to celebrate this ... but first I need to complete "NOVEMBER - THE MONTH OF TOPS". For now I'll just be happy with presenting my MOT #6 edition - an knit animal print twisted neckline top for Butterick 5429. This is a new pattern for me and since I do not make muslins for tops, I cut this top about a size and a half larger than my norm because I was unsure of the fit of the pattern. After starting the assembly I ended up taking 1" seam allowances to take it up because it turned out way to big. This is the second twisted neckline top that I've made, and although I'm often drawn to patterns of this type I don't think I'll make another one. This top is a good one, and the print certainly fits in my wardrobe with all the black that I wear. I'm just not sold on the twist construction.







Now to make a decision on what pattern to use for top #7...

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your 200th post - that's quite a milestone! I love the animal print fabric you have used for your top - very glamorous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE me an animal print! I would love to find a cotton knit animal print. I have a poly/lycra and hate the way it feels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats and love the animal print

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOO La La!!! I love the top! Congrats on 200 posts. I sure do enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11/21/2009

    Congratulations! Loved every one of the posts. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another great top! And congrats on your 200th post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, congratulations on your 200th post!! That's a lot of writing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the 200th post! :) Lovely top!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think somebody likes leopard print a lot. Grrrrrr! These should work well with a lot of things.

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR LOOKING IN. YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED!!!

Paying Homage to Black Pattern Designers...

...for years February has been set aside as a special time to learn about and recognize accomplishments of African Americans and other peopl...