November 7, 2015

A DIFFERENT GENRE OF SEWING...

...every year around this time my friend Ebony seems to turn into one of Santa's behind the scenes helpers.  She's been hard at work for months preparing for her biggest trade show of the year, the Mistletoe Marketplace.  The Marketplace is an annual event held at the Georgia National Fair Grounds the 3rd weekend of each November.  You may remember me posting pictures of her work via Instagram last year.

In two weeks she will transport all of her product to the Marketplace and set up the cutest little shop you've ever seen called "The Glam Doll".  Ebony is heavily involved in a different genre of sewing - that of immaculately constructing clothing for 18" dolls.   I am always amazed at the intricate details she adds to each of her designs, and I liken it to quality RTW.


 So if you are in the area November 20th - 22th stop in at the Mistletoe Marketplace and visit The Glam Doll Store and my friend Ebony, or take a look in at her Esty Shop...
 

9 comments:

  1. I bet making these doll clothes is quite lucrative, too! I look forward to seeing more pics. By the way, I am quite impressed with your daily blog post commitment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ebony is quite a business person Aisha. And yes, my daily post commitment is quite a job but having an editorial calendar is really helping.

      Delete
  2. This is totally amazing. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seeing her store in person is quite amazing!

      Delete
  3. Aaahhh Linda! Thanks so much for this amazing post and I cannot thank you enough!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The least I can do! You know I support you!

      Delete
  4. Awesome and her etsy shop is impressive. .. great pieces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for checking out her Esty Store!

      Delete
  5. Awesome and her etsy shop is impressive. .. great pieces.

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR LOOKING IN. YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED!!!

Paying Homage to Black Pattern Designers...

...for years February has been set aside as a special time to learn about and recognize accomplishments of African Americans and other peopl...