November 30, 2015

#BLOGLIKECRAZY DAY 30: LINDA'S TIPS, PRETTY PATTERN WEIGHTS...

...I first saw pattern weights similar to these listed on an Esty Store -list price about $25.00 for 6 of them.  Although I don't consider myself a very crafty person, I thought I could easily make a set for much less.  So back in 2011 I thought I'd give it a try and sure enough it was an easy project!  You can read my initial post as well as see a pictorial of how I made them HERE
Of course I had to add LOTS of Pink and was able to find plenty of colorful grosgrain ribbon for the project.

Works excellent for straight cutting...

4 comments:

  1. These are beautiful weight, I should try making some,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes you should Aminat, they are so easy to make and I am sure you will enjoy having them. Of course you could use plain unwrapped washers, but I like the pretty ones better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love having colorful pattern weights. I used handmade bias tape to wrap washers that I bought from the hardware store. I have about 30 weights and spent maybe $10 total. Did I mention the color? =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are really nice Ms. Faye! I've been using mine as is from the hardware store, LOL! I'm going back and review your previous post to fancy mine up too!

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR LOOKING IN. YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED!!!

Paying Homage to Black Pattern Designers...

...for years February has been set aside as a special time to learn about and recognize accomplishments of African Americans and other peopl...