November 14, 2015

#BLOGLIKECRAZY DAY 14: A FASHIONABLE PALATE CLEANSER...

...when I saw Vogue 8789 made up by Venita at SewVeStyle, I had to give this pattern a whirl.
Pattern choice made - next it was time to choose the fabric.  Mind you, I do have some fabric in my stash that is not of the very best quality (thank goodness it's only a limited amount).  I'm sure that you know the type that makes you go "what in the world was I thinking".  I found that the fabric (a light weight sweater-y knit) I used for this project fell in that category.  I need to stay away from that so called "value table" at Hancock's.  But not wanting to waste the money spent on it,  I decided to use it to make test run on this pattern.

It's a great pattern (only 5 pieces).   It didn't turn out too bad for a wearable muslin made up in my daughter's size.  Feels so good to be able to finish a project in a day after coming off that 30 day coat adventure...
 

9 comments:

  1. So cute! I've been looking at this pattern but don't know if I can wear it being short.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Why not shorten the front corners and the back. I think you can make it work.

      Delete
  2. Looks good. I like how the stripes run on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nancy! I'm so attracted to stripes and you know plaids. They don't match (exactly), did the best I could.

      Delete
  3. Very nice. This should be very versatile. Love stripes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cinda. I love stripes too!

      Delete
  4. It came out so cute! Love the stripes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Catherine, it did come out good and the pattern didn't require much thought. I needed a bit of easy sewing.

      Delete
  5. That is very nice. It dosen't look bad at all in that fabric.

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR LOOKING IN. YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED!!!

Paying Homage to Black Pattern Designers...

...for years February has been set aside as a special time to learn about and recognize accomplishments of African Americans and other peopl...