Venita has had a wonderful sewing year! I can attest to that because updates via her blog SewVeStyle come straight to my email. I also follow her on FaceBook, Bloglovin, Pinterest and Instagram. It's a wonderful technological world we live in - where, with just the click of a button, I can instantly be transported into her Sunny California sewing world and her into mine...
Have you learned or are you using any new sewing techniques this year? If so, what?
* I have learned to stop following trends and sew what looks best on me.
* I sewed Chiffon for the first time. I've been fearful of Chiffon and Silk but now I understand that it's all about preparation and respecting the fabric.
* I've found my inner sewing voice. I've discovered my personal style and it's all about classy sophisticated chic.
* I have a work and a personal style aesthetic and I embrace them both. I'm all about business at work and fun when I'm not. We have casual Friday's and people are amazed at what I wear and even more so that I made it.
* I'm not afraid of so called advanced or complicated patterns. It's all about reading and researching before running for the scissors.
* I've also developed a new found appreciated for pattern designers. It takes a great deal of skill to design a pattern and write instructions in a way that allows folks like me to follow and produce quality garments.
What are your MUST HAVE items to make for the Fall/Winter season?
* I live in California so I don't really have to sew for the seasons - I just sew whatever I want to wear.
* I'm planning to make the Clare Coat this season - I'm still on the hunt for the right hot pink fabric. http://amandoblogs.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Clare-Coat-Sewing-Pattern-9.jpg
* Also on the list is McCall's M7100 the cute bomber jacket. I have plans to do a mash up with this one. I'm a bit old for a bomber jacket but I'm already visualizing a way to class it up.
What sewing pattern(s) are you most excited about right now?VENITA:
* Too many to list but here are a few.
* I'm working on a holiday dress is red using Vogue 1254. I'm almost finished and can't wait to wear it. It will be the first red dress that I've ever had.
* Vogue 8945 with the bell sleeves which is on trend right now
* Butterick 5685 view A - updated peacoat
* Butterick 6298 view D - strictly for lounging* Badgley Mischka Vogue 1513 - oh that flutter accent on the top is to die for
CLICK Here For More Inspiration:
Instagram: @ sew-ve-style
Pinterest: Sew Ve Style By Venita Elaine
FaceBook: Sew Ve Style