November 17, 2017

#BLOGLIKECRAZY 17: WHY SHE SEWS & WHY SHE BLOGS ABOUT IT (part 2)...

...short or long, you know I love a blog series and  have posted a few here.  So as a continuation of yesterday's post I reached out to several people who "SEW & BLOG ABOUT IT" and asked them for help in this series.  As I've mentioned before, the sewing community is so very sharing.

I won't even dare say just how many blogs I frequent; but there are quite a few.  Really, looking in and reading other sewing blogs adds to my knowledge bank, and gives me lots and lots of sewing inspiration.  It seems that I am always find new ones, and it is so nice and refreshing to get new points of views about this craft.

Have you ever seen a CAT IN A WARDROBE?  Well, if not, you are in for a treat!  Ever time I visit Eli there I get visions of Yoshino Cherry Blossoms dancing in my head!  She is so talented, and her garments are crafted works of art.  Here she tells you why she SEWS & BLOGS ABOUT IT...



Why do you sew?
I really love creating things with my own hands! I enjoy sewing, knitting, and making jewelry. Concentrating to make something is fun, and lets me meditate and heal my mind.

Why do you blog about it?
I want to improve both my sewing and English skills. However, I prefer to interact with people through my blog rather than improving those skills.

Eli
...

Please drop in to visit Eli at CATWARDROBE,  and and make sure you check out that fabulous Isaac Mizrahi plaid coat she made last winter; and the beautiful sleeves on the coat she's already made this year. It really made me swoon...

14 comments:

  1. I agree, sewing and creating are very therapeutic. Great series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely on board with this therapy too LaQuana.

      Delete
  2. Thank you very much Faye for featuring my blog! I am VERY pleased. I always enjoy reading your blog. I can't wait to see your next post:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you liked the post Eli and I enjoy reading your blog too. Thank you so much for participating!

      Delete
  3. Wonderful post Faye! You are so correct...I just reviewed her blog and this is a very stylish lady who sews impeccably! Thanks so much for highlighting her blog! (BTW, I love the coat she made, Simpicity 8469-with the bell sleeves!! GORGEOUS!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed the post Myra. I love her bell sleeved coat too!

      Delete
  4. Anonymous11/18/2017

    What a lovely dress! Thank you for sharing the blog of the talented lady.
    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...I love her style and exceptional sewing skills! Thanks for sharing this gem. Also, Linda I so enjoy your blog posts! You're such a great communicator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Cecil! Thanks for looking in. Yes Eli Cat is quite skilled and makes such pretty garments. Happy Thanksgiving!

      Delete
  6. The name alone is intriguing! I will definitely visit her blog. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Eli Cat's blog! Such a talented lady and I love the Japanese scenery in the photos showing her beautiful makes

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR LOOKING IN. YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED!!!

Paying Homage to Black Pattern Designers...

...for years February has been set aside as a special time to learn about and recognize accomplishments of African Americans and other peopl...