November 27, 2017

#BLOGLIKECRAZY 27: WHY SHE SEWS & WHY SHE BLOGS ABOUT IT...

... having the chance to interact with other sewing bloggers, and getting to know them better is always such a pleasure.  This has actually helped me to grow as a sewist.  Let's face it, "Ever Learning Linda" doesn't  know everything, and never will.  That's where connecting with others comes into play - they help me fill in the blanks!  It still amazes me just how many sharing, like-minded sewing bloggers there are.  I follow them, and they follow me, and we are all involved in this great big learning process.


Mariela Alethia, who writes at Kassmin's Creations started her blog in 2007 (the same year that I started), and it seems that we have been following each other for a very long time.  I watch on as she creates her wonderfully fitting garments, great home dec projects and beautiful decorative planners.  She's much more multi-faceted than me, and I know you wll enjoy reading about "Why She Sews & Blogs About It!!!



Why do I sew?
My love of fashion and clothes was the reason why I learn to sew.

Why do I blog about it?
I am the only one in my family that is crafty and loves to sew. None of my friends are crafters and they don’t sew. So, my family nor my friends understood my addiction to patterns, fabrics and anything sewing related.  Until, 10- years ago, when I google “sewing” and Erica Bunker’s blog came up. I read her blog and found others and was blown away. I did not know that women were blogging about their garments, quilts and or home dec projects.

It was awesome to find a community of like-minded ladies and I started my blog 10-years ago to share what I sew and to keep an on-line diary of my projects.

...
Mariela Alethia

5 comments:

  1. The love of sewing sisters has allowed me to grow more in my sewing & crafting skills. The sharing among us is a wealth of knowledge. Mariela has shared her wealth of sewing knowledge and has rescued me from a few wadders.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What would we do without each other Sheila! Thank you for being such a sharing person too!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the introduction to a new-to-me blogger. Will pop across and check out her blog asap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! It’s always nice getting to learn a little more about someone in our sewing community. (The things you don’t know!). Very nice post!

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR LOOKING IN. YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED!!!

Paying Homage to Black Pattern Designers...

...for years February has been set aside as a special time to learn about and recognize accomplishments of African Americans and other peopl...