November 2, 2017

#BLOGLIKECRAZY 2: #THE SEWING GOURMET...

... can you believe that I actually fell off the cooking wagon for several months.
I guess I had grown tired of all my regular recipes; couldn't come up with any meal plans ideas, couldn't even think of anything that might taste good. Not a good situation at all because eating out all the time is definitely the PITS! While trying to make some changes in this area a recipe for  NASHVILLE HOT CHICKEN popped up during blog surfing.  I had never heard of it but became very interested after reading a bit about it's history (you can read about it here). 
I took the slider approach although I've never ever made them.  You can imagine that when I Googled for a recipe I found lots of similar  recipes.  I took the ingredients I liked and that I knew I had on hand to come up with my rendition.  This didn't take much time at all especially since I had a bag of chicken tenders on hand.  Now I have a new recipe for my collection that I will use from time to time.

How do you pull yourself out of meal plan doldrums???

11 comments:

  1. Great video Faye! I think people should “revamp” their receipes adding new ones from time to time so they don’t get bored. I learned that years ago when my hubby and I chose a “plant based” diet. It literally changed our lives! I had to re-learn everything I had been taught about our beloved recipes. Also, I agree with you about going out to eat...we find it a HUGE struggle and only have a couple of favorite places. (Of course you can’t get better meals than at home!)

    I read the article about the “Hot Chicken” and found it cute and interesting. I bet that wife never expected her plan would backfire on her, LOL! Your sliders look yummy, were they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I find a great restaurant I usually WEAR IT OUT to the point that I don't even like it anymore. Just adding 3 to 5 new recipes should keep me happy for a while.

      Delete
  2. I think I first read about Hot Chicken via Calvin Trillin! That looks like a mighty tasty sandwich. I read cookbooks like novels, and my library is large. Whenever I'm in a rut I either sit down with a stack of books and see what hits me or I buy a whole lot of ingredients and remember my roots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use to read my cookbooks like novels too Elizabeth. I have downsized some, but I'll bet you there's still 99 of them in my house!

      Delete
  3. Thank you,Faye. My husband will enjoy these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please let me know how it goes Dara!

      Delete
  4. When I hit the meal plan doldrums, Ryan will always bark at me that he wants something else, often with a suggestion. I"m in trouble when that boy decides he's moving on. I love a meal on a cute little roll, and this one looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank goodness for Ryan, especially since he has some suggestions!

      Delete
  5. They look yummy! Eating out IS the pits! There is nothing like a home-cooked meal, even if it is quick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, home cooked is the best - especially the quick ones.

      Delete

THANKS FOR LOOKING IN. YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED!!!

Paying Homage to Black Pattern Designers...

...for years February has been set aside as a special time to learn about and recognize accomplishments of African Americans and other peopl...