November 13, 2017

#BLOGLIKECRAZY 13 - BOBBINS, BOBBINS: HOW MANY ARE ENOUGH...

...if you are anything like me, you own loads of bobbins.  Class 15, Class 15J, Class 66, plastic, or metal, etc., etc.  Some machines require a specific type of bobbin, while others are interchangeable.

My most used machine is a Baby Lock Sophia 2 that will run perfectly with bobbins for other brands. However, although the bobbins look similar they are not fully created equal.  Off brands do not trigger the low bobbin indicator on this machine.  As you know, I am spoiled rotten by the bells and whistles of my electronic machine.  The low bobbin indicator gets on my nerves (oh yes it does); buy I do not want to do without that feature.

There is something very convenient about having an empty bobbin at your disposal.  But that seems to never be the case in my sewing room.  I find myself unwinding a bobbin just to be able to rewind it with the color thread that I need for a project.  This brings to mind the question:  How many bobbins are enough???

Wound bobbins in the back are ones I already owned.  Those in the front are from a new shipment that arrived today.
I order bobbins from Nancy's Notions because I get the same number of bobbins for $5.00 less than at the local Baby Lock Dealer.  I placed an order for 40 bobbins on October 13th; the shipment arrived today!

When I checked the tracking number this is the information that I received:  Your parcel was delivered to you on October 21st.  When I checked it again the same day it said:  We responded to your question, do you want us to give you the same information again.  By this time I was really upset so I called Nancy's the very next day.  When I explained my situation, I was told that orders are delivered by USPS and delivery notifications mean that parcels are placed at or near your mailbox. "What The What"!!!  So that means that my bobbins were delivered to a mailbox near mine.  "Who on my street has my bobbins?"

Long story short, Nancy made my order good. Thank you Nancy! Now I won't hesitate to shop with you again...

12 comments:

  1. Wow! That’s not good you didn’t get your first order...but awsome that Nancy’s made good! I do the same thing (unwinding bobbins just to rewind with another color! LOL!). I just purchased more bobbins from Joanns last week too! Great post, made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was real upset, but I was nice when I called Nancy's. I am very happy that they honored the order and replaced. Some non-sewing neighbor may have my bobbins.

      Delete
  2. I have a Singer and I have a few, I can never remember which class ! Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, same with me on the Singer bobbins. But I think my Singers use Class 15.

      Delete
  3. I own tonssss of bobbin for each one of my sewing machines. I’m not into unwinding bobbins except if I absolutely have to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'll have enough for a while with these 40 new ones.

      Delete
  4. That's excellent customer service! We have a weird street address and things get delivered down the street a few times a year. The people at the post office know me now! Usually they find everything within a day. It is really handy to have a lot of extra bobbins on hand especially if you're doing something that's really thread hungry like embroidery or jeans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kept trying to remember to order new ones, but finally did. I hope these 40 extra ones will do me for a while.

      Delete
  5. I got an alert that my pattern was delivered on Sunday (REALLY) but it showed up on Monday, ROFL ... Wonderful ending Faye ... FIESTA ANYHOW ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Postal delivery can be crazy sometimes.

      Delete
  6. I don't have many bobbins. I probably should get more but I make do with the ones I have. I usually use the bobbins that have leftover thread from other projects to make muslins or baste. Doing that will usually free up some bobbins for my next project.

    I am glad Nancy's Notions did the right thing with your order!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do use mine for hand basting, sewing on buttons, etc. sometimes too.

      Delete

THANKS FOR LOOKING IN. YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED!!!

Paying Homage to Black Pattern Designers...

...for years February has been set aside as a special time to learn about and recognize accomplishments of African Americans and other peopl...