November 11, 2017

#BLOGLIKECRAZY 11 - MY NEW LOVE: 1940'S FASHION...

...this rainy, chilly Saturday afternoon was spent falling head over heals in love with 1940 fashion while binging on Netflix's Bomb Girls. Oh the dresses, suits, hats, jackets and coats.  I gathered lots of sewing inspiration.


I made the necessary pattern adjustments to Vogue 9036 - mainly the back rise and slant pocket area.

 
and this was the perfect Saturday afternoon to spend with a big cup of Mangosteen Peach Green Tea, and my wonderful Kai Shears while finally getting around to cutting out my new pants.  Hopefully construction will begin tomorrow.


7 comments:

  1. I also got to see Lighthouse Park at the northern tip of the island, but I had to come back the next day to see my #1 must-see locale for the weekend: the old abandoned smallpox hospital.
    driveway gates

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful day for sewing indeed my friend! That tea sounds yummy too! So happy to see you back sewing again too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes indeed, With the cold snap the hit my state, Saturday was a day to hibernate in the sewing room, crafting room or just to binge watch tv.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a wonderful day 😀

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR LOOKING IN. YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED!!!

Paying Homage to Black Pattern Designers...

...for years February has been set aside as a special time to learn about and recognize accomplishments of African Americans and other peopl...