November 30, 2017

#BLOGLIKECRAZY 30:THE CONCLUSION (WRITTEN WHILE SMILING)...

...
back in 2015 when I first read about Javacia H. Broswer's #BLOGLIKECRAZY November Challenge, I thought, "that's IMPOSSIBLE"!  But I took her challenge anyway and succeeded.  In 2016 I decided to join in again, and again I made it to completion.  This year, I thought "Nope. Not this year"; but as you can see here I am again - at the end of it - which just what I had envisioned.  Was it easy - not really, but with planning highly possible.


Why I #BLOGLIKE CRAZY?
  • I like a good challenge.
  • I like to write, and realize that unless I make writing a regular habit I will lose my desire and ability to write well.  Unless I exercise my writing muscle it will lose it's tone and it's flexibility.
  • I love my blog; and like anything else that you love, you need to feed it with consistency.
  • It helps me to organize my thoughts, and it forces me to be more creative.
  • It helps me connect with my community.
It's been an exciting month of blogging!  I want to thank ALL who stuck it out with me by reading and/or commenting on my 30 posts.  I want to give a big shout out to the 6 guest bloggers who helped round out my month with their "Why I Sew & Blog About It" posts. A special "Thank You" to Javacia for challenging me and many other writers/bloggers to commit to doing what we love to do - WRITE.  If you are interested in finding out more about how she does this - pop over to SeeJaneWritebham.com - there is always something there that will challenge to step out of your comfort zone...

24 comments:

  1. I love that you do this. I may have to give this a try in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good for me to stretch myself Denise.

      Delete
  2. I love your series, the blog like crazy and the tops series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I plan on doing the tops series again in the spring LaQuana and hope you will join again.

      Delete
  3. I think it's wonderful that uou took tje challenge and succeeded! I enjoyed reading them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for reading along with me Carrie!

      Delete
  4. YEA! CONGRATULATIONS Ms. Faye! Yes, you did it again for another year and did it well too! I challenged myself to read each and every one of your posts during the month of November. I have to go back because I think I missed the last few while out of town for the holidays! I promise to get them read before the end of the night! Great job my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Myra for reading along with me. It means a lot to me!

      Delete
  5. Even though I've never commented I want to thank you for making November 'blog like crazy' another success. I so admire your writing talent and, of course, love the garments you make. Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen please know that I REALLY appreciate you reading here whether or not you comment. Please keep coming back!

      Delete
  6. You did it! You are amazing! I was glad to help, but the beautiful posts were all your own! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But also inspired by you. Thank you Vanessa!

      Delete
  7. I'm glad you enjoyed your month of blogging. Sometimes challenges like this are just what we need to break out of a rut or spark something new!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and you are exactly right!

      Delete
  8. Another year! Well done!!
    I always enjoy your blog but especially when I'm introduced to new bloggers. So thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you KS, yes another year! I NEVER get tired of finding new bloggers. It helps keep my creative juices flowing - the way I felt when I found you!

      Delete
  9. Congratulations. I did enjoy your month of posts. How right you are about needing the discipline to keep on writing. I constantly fall short, and then it's so difficult to start up again. You are an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Irene. It's good for us to write - even if we are writing about sewing.

      Delete
  10. I only discovered your blog about 2 weeks ago, so came to #bloglikecrazy half way through, but enjoyed it immensely. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How glad I was when you found me Diane - because that helped me find you!

      Delete
  11. Congratulations, Faye! I am really really impressed by great challenge. Thank you for sharing a lot of great tips!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eli thank you so very much for helping me complete this challenge. I am so glad that I discovered your blog!

      Delete
  12. Woot woot! You made it! Congratulations on taking on such a big challenge and coming out on the other side. Thanks for letting me be a part of it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations Faye! You always do such a great job with this challenge.

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR LOOKING IN. YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED!!!

Paying Homage to Black Pattern Designers...

...for years February has been set aside as a special time to learn about and recognize accomplishments of African Americans and other peopl...