November 19, 2017

#BLOGLIKECRAZY 19: WHY SHE SEWS & WHY SHE BLOGS ABOUT IT (part 3)...

...thank you so much for following along with me on this 30 day challenge.  I do so hope that you are enjoying this series! If you'll remember, back in April of this year I revived my Annual Tops That Pop Sewing-A-Long.  I hadn't featured a sewalong since 2013, but had enjoyed hosting them so much in the past that I figured it was high time to give it life once again.  I had many wonderful contributors, and Vanessa Thomas was one of them. But be assured, tops aren't the only things she sews.  Vanessa is a marvelous seamstress so I thought you'd like to hear WHY SHE SEWS & BLOGS ABOUT IT...



Why do I sew?

I sew because I LOVE it!  It is my oasis in the middle of the weighty responsibilities of adulthood, lol!  There is something magical that happens when I enter my "sewing closet" and shut the door behind me--dreams are fulfilled, creative juices flow, and time goes by the wayside.  Above all, when I open the door and come out of that closet, I am peaceful, recharged, and radiant with glee!! Oh the joy of making!


 Why do you blog about it?
At first I wanted a place to keep track of what I've made, since I was mainly sewing for my children.  However, over time, I began to see the amazing community of those who sew!! I was inspired by their garments, and encouraged by their feedback.  As a result, I started creating my own personal goals that have enriched my sewing journey today.



Vanessa
...
Vanessa has a wonderful blog called  SEW FILLED TO THE BRIM that warrants looking in at.  There you can find out more about WHY SHE SEWS & BLOGS ABOUT IT...

7 comments:

  1. Great post about an amazing lady! I agree, if you haven’t checked out her blog, you realy should!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, another blogger to follow. I understand coming out of that closet, room, kitchen table with a wearable garment, it’s a great feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for featuring me, Ms. Faye! I love reading your blog, and am excited to see how you finish out this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for participating Vanessa! My sewing motivation is high, time just sometimes does not cooperate with me. But I do have plans...

      Delete
  4. Hi thanks for postting this

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR LOOKING IN. YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED!!!

Paying Homage to Black Pattern Designers...

...for years February has been set aside as a special time to learn about and recognize accomplishments of African Americans and other peopl...