November 7, 2017

#BLOGLIKECRAZY 2017 - I STILL WANT IT ALL - PART 5...

...regular readers of my blog already know that every now and then I embark on a pants fitting frenzy.  I think the last time I mentioned "pants" in a post was back in July. Though it's been a while,   I still want it all when it comes to pant styles), so it's time to start with fitting efforts again.

Earlier today I posted this question on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter:  Help me out.  What's your favorite pants pattern?  I've received several responses so far:
Samina from Sew Everything Blog highly recommended - Vogue 1411
Clio from Five Muses loves BurdaStyle 9/2010 #115, and suggested that I read her blog post of today because it's all about variations of her favorite pants pattern.
and 
KS from Dressmaking Debacles added Vogue 9032 that she has made numerous times, and Simplicity 2700
  • I added Vogue 1411 to my collection a while ago but backed off of it because of all the pieces.  After reading Samina's review of the pattern, I will definitely reconsider this pattern.
  • I have played around with Vogue 9032 as a muslin but wasn't quite satisfied because I need to increase the back rise.  Other than that, as I remember, the fit of the muslin was not that bad so maybe I need to revisit that pattern.
  •  I did make Simplicity 2700 way back when it was first released and the fit was pretty good.  On this pattern I wasn't use to working with the contoured waistband so I never made them again.  However, I may just reconsider this pattern as well.
  • I am pretty sure that I have the September 2010 issue of Burda Style so I might just take a look at pattern #115.  I did read Clio's blog post and found that it offered a link to some great information on increasing the back rise that I am going to try out.
 A big thank you to Samina, Clio and KS for their suggestions.  This gives me much food for thought for pants pattern consideration...
  

9 comments:

  1. LOL! I guess I missed that question Ms. Faye, sorry! I may not have been of good use to you anyways because these days, I’m a leggings and Jean girl. Since I left the corporate world two years ago, my wardrobe has become rather casual. Good luck with you pants, I am sure you will do well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You make WONDERFUL jeans Myra. Thank you for all the support you have given me.

      Delete
  2. I've made V1411 a few times too! I think any of those are worth working on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think 1411 is worth my giving a try too KS. I think all of the patterns suggested are worthy of my consideration. Thank you so much for your input!

      Delete
  3. This may be sneaky but it works.
    I go to my fav store Talbot's, White house black market, Saks what ever. I purchase a pair pants that fit (all except the length). I take a picture of the receipt, as I always loose them. I then trace the pants with tissue paper. I don't know why but you can always find ready to wear pants that fit like a glove. Since I am 5'2 I have to chop a lot off. It sounds like a lot of trouble but its nothing like having a pair pants that fit. (if you try this make sure you get a pair with no Lining.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a great suggestion Denise, and thank you so much for sharing it!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for this post! One day I will get to pants. It is good to know the choices recommended to you for the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome Vanessa. I've talked about pants fitting so much - I'm glad my readers have not grown tired of it.

      Delete
  5. Appreeciate your blog post

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR LOOKING IN. YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED!!!

Paying Homage to Black Pattern Designers...

...for years February has been set aside as a special time to learn about and recognize accomplishments of African Americans and other peopl...