November 25, 2017

#BLOGLIKECRAZY 25: GETTING BACK TO SEWING...

...hoping that everyone had a marvelous Thanksgiving Holiday filled with family, friends and tasty food.  Sewing definitely had to take a back seat while I gave attention to as much pre-meal preparation as I could before my guest arrived on Thursday Morning.  I think we broke a record by sitting down to enjoy our meal at 3p.m. that afternoon.  Making time consuming dishes weeks in advance certainly paid off.

Now it's time to get back to sewing.  I must admit that as busy as I was with Thanksgiving prep, I was also involved in a little sewing procrastination as well.  The project:  Vogue 9032.  Yes my pants project has caused me to procrastinate.  I did work on the installation of the waistband this afternoon, and things are looking pretty good.  Hopefully I will be able to finish construction tomorrow.  Keep your fingers crossed for me...

  

7 comments:

  1. I’m glad to see you had a great Thanksgiving, we did too and since we had it at my daughter’s I was able to get a little crochet in 😍 I have been procrastinating on 2 pair of pants for a client, not my favorite things to make 😍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Char! So glad your time with family was so enjoyable and that you were able to get in a little crocheting. I just this minute finished what turned out to be my long term pants project. I was working with a contoured waistband - I am a straight waistband person, they are so much easier. That is what I kept procrastinating on. So glad it's over now.

      Delete
  2. I envy you starting your meals in advance. However, there's three of us cooking. We start the night before, and finish up that morning. We usually sit down to eat about 3:30-4pm every year. No different this year.
    However, i have done a little procrastinating myself. Time to get on this sewing project for my mini man! Happy Post Thaksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes with my work schedule and the fact that I did 95% of the cooking it was imperative that I start early. RE: the procrastination - I FINALLY finished those pants today.

      Delete
  3. Glad you had a Happy Thanksgiving Faye! I was able to get some sewing in because we had Thanksgiving at my sister's. We all had a great time as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you had a great time with your family Tomasa. I'm so glad you were able to get some sewing in too!

      Delete
  4. So happy you had a wonderful time with family for Thanksgiving! And I thought everyone ate early on Thanksgiving? LOL! Looking at your prep, I can fully see why!

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR LOOKING IN. YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED!!!

Paying Homage to Black Pattern Designers...

...for years February has been set aside as a special time to learn about and recognize accomplishments of African Americans and other peopl...