The jacket and pants are done in a kakhi colored gaberdine type fabric; the blouse in a stretch poplin type fabric that has a blue and maroon stripe running down it. I love the blouse, it has just the right amount of stretch the only thing about it that gave me a problem were the number of pattern pieces (8 pieces). A collar and collar band, a sleeve and cuff, front, side front, back, side back...TOO MANY PIECES. I need to search through my stash for similar pattern with not as many pieces. This was the first collar with a band that I done since I started sewing again. Now I remember it. I have prayed over this project for my daughter, praying that: 1) it will fit, 2) that she will like it, and 3) that it will be something that she will want to wear. We will find out soon as I hope to get it in the mail to her by Monday. If I make one or two more tops that match this fabric, she will have a mini swap going on.
March 31, 2007
Well, I've been on Spring Break from my night job. I've had 7 lovely weeknights to spend at home doing JUST WHAT I PLEASED!!! I came home every night and went straight to the sewing machine. I've been doing some sewing for my sweet daughter Alondra who recently got a promotion on her job and needs to dress the part. I made a short jacket with matching elastic waist cropped pants, matching long pants with zipper in back, a blouse with cuffed sleeves, and the white long sleeved blouse that was included in my last post. Here is the picture:
...last night while sitting under the hair dryer conditioning my hair (I would have much rather been sewing ya'll) I entertained myself ...
...Sewing information and tutorials that recently caught my eye: An interesting conversation about choosing the correct pattern size, from...