...It's Friday, the bright and beautiful start of a brand new weekend! I don't always feel this energetic (even about sewing) every Friday - but today I do Praise Jesus; there are all types of possibilities to embark on!!!
|Now you already know...when I put the teapot on it's going to be a long post|
I hear my teapot whistling so I'm about to hunker
down with a spot of tea in my sewing studio (talk about a comfort zone)! Soooo, if you care to join
me here's a synopsis of what's running through my mind...
First: I'll finish up a skirt project that I've worked on little by little (stitch by stitch )all week long. It's been a slow go with this one - I've been so tired at night that I just couldn't get it finished. It's a simple project that I'm making for a co-worker; and the best part about it is that she didn't even ask me to do it (I VOLUNTEERED)! This girl has done so much for me at work, and you know you just have to repay kindnesses at some point. Her face lit up when I wanted to take her measurements and told her what I'd planned.
|Although I prefer mine iced! You know how us southern girls do! But it still starts out in a whistling teapot. |
- fabric purchased at Hancock's Memorial Day sale on Monday, pretreated the fabric and cut it out that night. But...I've been so tired each night that I just could not get it finished.
- because it's cute and flirty just like my co-worker. I making view A with a self tie from a print challis to get that flowyness.
- Other Memorial Day purchases were some zippers, black and white thread, and some more of these, because according to a recent poll.... I need to start changing more often (lol).
- I bought a little bit of fabric.
Fives pieces of WONDERFUL gaberdine (1 turquoise, 1 navy, 1 brown and 2 black) One black for summer, and one for fall.
- And last, but certainly not least, these wonder possibilities.
|Picture's a little blurry, but I know you get my point!|
- Yep, I've decided - that's just what patterns are: WONDERFUL POSSIBILITIES WRAPPED UP IN SMALL PACKAGES! Hallelujah, I just love them!!!, and I really need to "COWGIRL UP" when people make funny little comments about how many I have and not let it bother me at all.
- I have so many sewing visions; so many things I want to get made. Sometimes I wish I could hire someone to sew with me to bring some of these visions to life.
I know there are lots of people out there who feel the same way, so tell me...
|VISIONARY SEWING ASSISTANT|
Since you can't sew it all up at once...how do you decide what to sew first???