November 30, 2013

FREQUENTLY USED BLOGGER PHRASE...

... life got in the way!  I thought that since it's the very last day of November, I'd better get a post in or you'd think I'd fallen off the edge of the earth.   I have to ask, "WHERE IN THE WORLD DID NOVEMBER GO???"   Work related busyness consumed me and because: I do love my job; am so thankful for it; and always want to do my very best, I had to put sewing on the back burner.
  
To culminate the month's activities I had dental surgery on Monday, I've been recuperating all week so I'll be able to return to work next week. Seven days of house sitting has the tendency of making me a little spacey, (I did get a little hallucinogenic on Tuesday when it rained none stop all day long, and even though I couldn't leave the house anyway - felt even the more trapped).  I figured it was a combination of the narcotic pain pills and a case of feeling sorry for myself (hate when that happens).    

BUT FOR TODAY, I had planned my escape and at 6:10 a.m. (with head and face fully covered) I was sitting outside of Hancock Fabrics (joined by my friend Cecil) waiting for the doors to open for the $4.95 wool fabric sale.  That's right, clocks were set, and my Mother gave me a wakeup call to make sure I got there in time.  There was no way I could miss out on this sale, and this is what came home with me:
Glorious yards of herringbone tweed (blends) and 100% wool crepe.
And of course a few patterns found their way into the bag.
During my imprisonment I did do a little reorganizing and cleanup in my sewing room so I'm ready to sew as soon as a few project decisions are made.  I also made four knit leopard print infinity scarves for my three fashionista nieces and me, and six chevron knit special order scarves.  I also managed to finish a striped knit skirt (started prior to all the busyness) inspired by Candice - Sew My Time.

Now as for this afternoon, I need to cleanup my kitchen and then it's on... cause I've got a real serious case of the SEWS - that's what I call it when I need to do some sewing really, really bad...

15 comments:

  1. Welcome back to the real world~ though for me today is already 1st Dec ... SCARY!!! Your little haul hopefully made up for such a bad week ~ a fabric/pattern haul like that nearly makes up for anything in my books. Can't wait to see it all made up and paraded over the next few months ... J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice fabric haul! But you got the new Butterick dress pattern that I want...so jealous right now! *LOL* Have a great weekend sewing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that new Butterick pattern, too. I'm just not sure how it will look on a very uncurvy person like me. I am like you. My whole family is going a little stir crazy this week -- nowhere to go and nothing interesting to do:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are up and feeling better. Can't wait to see what you sew.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dental surgery, oh no, so sorry. I am so happy you were able to get out today and take advantage of the great sales. Can;t wait to see your fabulous garments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear you are alive and well, plus feeling better. Looks like you made quite the haul, I just bought
    couple of the same Butterick patterns, had others in my hand, but my daughter Kristen kept reminding me I already had a pattern that looked the same. So only got two, and new sewing machine needles. Do you use a pattern for your infinity scarves, and if so what pattern. I want to make a few myself...and found Simplicity 1790...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice fabrics! Glad to know you are on the mend from dental surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooph about the dental surgery. Glad to hear you are all better now!
    That Butterick pattern on the top looks really cool!
    So how was Hancock's at 6:10am? Was it really crowded?

    ReplyDelete
  9. OOh! I'm drooling over that wool. You'll find something womderful to make for sure! I'm anxiously waiting for my first parcel from Vogue Fabrics Club! I really splurged.I'm afraid!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice haul, Faye! I sure hope the tooth thing heals quickly for you. No better distraction than a bit of cloth and sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Look at your loot! Hope you are recovering from your oral surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, Faye! I hope you've recovered from your surgery! I was on the West Coast again for Thanksgiving and missed your post. You certainly put a dent in the stores' inventory, lol. Love all the pieces AND the patterns. I did not do any shopping and have been advised that I don't need to.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope you are feeling a lot better. Nothing like buying lots of fabrics to help in this sort of situation :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's a nice haul! It almost makes me wish that there was a Hancock's near me...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Some glorious fabrics indeed Miss Faye in some glorious colors too! Dental surgery...ouch. Hope you've recovered well!

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR LOOKING IN. YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED!!!

Paying Homage to Black Pattern Designers...

...for years February has been set aside as a special time to learn about and recognize accomplishments of African Americans and other peopl...