By now everybody knows the story of this fabric, how I misplaced it and bought more because I wanted to make a jacket out of it so badly. After finding the misplaced piece I then had much more than I needed for the Patrones Jacket. Not needing two jackets from the same fabric, I decided to make a little summer jacket for my Mother. Since both jackets are short and had short sleeves I still ended up with about 5/8 yard left that I'll use as contrast on some other project later on.
This little jacket is from Butterick 5223, the same pattern I used to make the floral jacket to go with my black sundress. It didn't take to long to put this jacket together because I was already familiar with the pattern. I made view A from this pattern and I think it turned out pretty neat. I'm sure my Mom has a pair of black pants and/or a black skirt to wear this with and hope that she enjoys wearing it. I should be able to get it in the mail to her early next week. The jacket soft pleating at the front and back necklines. I had intended not to line it, but after completing it, decided that it would wear better and have a more finished look with one, so the jacket is fully lined. It has a little swing to it, so I'm calling it a Summer Lucy Jacket (lol). Lucy's are still in style.
Here's a front and back view of the jacket.
Now I'm about to start another project - this time I'm working on tops. Earlier this week to get the cutting phase out of the way, I cut out three projects (that included this Lucy jacket) so I could get right to sewing when the time premitted.
So I've already got two tops ready to work on. It's been a nice sewing weekend so far....