Total Garments made: 53 (I am definitely a jacket and tops person)
I started 2009 with a simple list of 5 things that some how expanded to 10 at some time or another. So let's see how I did:
1. Add more color to my wardrobe.
I did do better in this area, but need to constantly stay conscious of adding color so my wardrobe won't be so drab.
2. Practice the stand collar application.
I must admit, fear makes me refile any pattern that I pull out with a stand collar. I've made some really ugly ones in the past and just don't want to see another ugly one. This goal moves over to 2010.
3. Practice Welt Pocket application.
I did purposefully schedule 3 welt pocket sessions. I did manage to get them in on one of the jackets that I made. Paco even sent me samples of two of his expertly done welt pockets all the way from Barcelona so I could see the technique up close. I will do others.
4. Practice invisible zipper application
I didn't make any skirts last year or dresses that needed an invisible zipper. This one moves to 2010.
5. Practice Hong Kong finish.
I didn't address this item - over to 2010.
6. Practice bias tape making.
Discovered Cindy's method and bias tape making is a success.
7. Experiment with Burda and Patrones.
Thanks to Angela and Paco for sending me magazines. I made 2 BWOF tops and 1 Patrones top and a Jacket.
8. Make a Chanel Suit from the fabric my Mother sent me.
Although a big challenge, the Jacket was a success. Started the skirt yesterday.
9. Perfect pants pattern.
Of the 8 pair of pants made this year my last pair was the best fit. I joined the Month (or two) of Pants sew a long, and that helped me focus on pants last month. I'll move this goal to 2010 and attempt finding my perfect fit this month again - I think I'm almost there.
10. Ahhh my secret sewing goal.
I didn't even get a chance to address this item. Not sure that I'll move this over to 2010 as of yet.MY FAVORITE 2009 GARMENT
As for my 2010 goals:
1. Practice sessions for:
. Invisible zipper
. Collar application
. Honk Kong finishes
2. Continue working on Fitting Pants.
3. Focus more on 4 to 6 piece Capsule sewing.
4. Try (a little) Home Decor.
5. Concentrate on sewing things that I really, really, really like more.
Besides my goals, I like to take the time to thank all of my sewing friends for visiting my blog. Especially the 123 bloggers who have signed up to follow my postings. DO YOU KNOW JUST HOW SPECIAL THAT MAKES ME FEEL??? You have not gone unnoticed! I'm checking you out too! My wish for all who visit here is a year filled with many happy and productive sewing hours; health and prosperity; and much sharing and learning for us all....
Additionally, the very productive Linda awarded me with this lovely Sugar Doll award. Thank you Linda!
To accept the award I need to list 10 things about myself and award it to 7 other bloggers. So here goes...
1. It's the New Year so I'm planning a major closet overhaul and overall house reorganization... feels like I've been here before.
2. As much as I sew, sometimes it seems that I haven't sewn enough.
3. I'm the oldest of 4 siblings (3 girls and 1 boy)
4. In my family you have only 1 child or 4. That's been the pattern for over 5 generations now. My daughter is an only child, and she has 4 children.
5. I feel the need to start living by lists again. Goal setting is so important in my life.
6. I'm a real spring/summer person even though I was born in the fall.
7. I love to cook gourmet style, but I love southern home cooking just as well.
8. I need to get motivated to redecorate my home.
9. I love to travel, but I've started hating to drive. I need to find me a driver.
10. I need to plain and make a special dinner for my friends - it's been a while.
I'd like to present this award to the following bloggers: