April 8, 2018

ANNOUNCEMENT(UPDATE)...

ANNOUNCEMENT...

...LETS MAKE A FEW NEW SPRING TOPS TO MAKE OUR WARDROBES POP!

Everybody knows I love making TOPS!  Why?  Because they:

  •  add exciting bursts of color to your existing wardrobe
  •  are quick and easy to make, and 
  •  help wake up sleepy sewing motivation 


  ANNOUNCING:
  "2018 TOPS THAT POP SEW-A-LONG" 
(WITH A TWIST)
Last year's sew-a-long was a huge success:   
  • 50 participants
  • 104 tops sewn
  • Tops That Pop Pinterest Board Followers:   540

COME ONE - COME ALL - SIGN UP STARTS TODAY

   "2018 TOPS THAT POP SEW-A-LONG"
(WITH A TWIST) 
 

Here are the particulars of the Sew-A-Long:

  • The sew-a-long will start on Sunday, April 15th and run for full two weeks:                                                              (April 15th through April 30th)
  • Any style top will qualifies: (patterns of your choice, self-drafted or refashioned styles)
  • EVERY STYLE OF TOP COUNTS:  Tunics, Tanks, Tees, Cami’s, Pull Overs, Button Ups, Dressy, or Casual 
  • NO QUOTAS, make as few or as many as you'd like 
  • THIS YEAR WE ARE ADDING AN INSTAGRAM HASHTAG TO THE SEWALONG:  #2018TOPSTHATPOP
  • Email your completed top pictures to me at:  fayedollatcox.net OR simply post on  INSTAGRAM using the  #2018TOPSTHATPOP hashtag and tagging me @fayedoll.  

 What you need to do to participate:

  • Leave a comment on this post saying that you'd like to participate
  • PLEASE Include your: Email Address
  • PLEASE List contact information: your Blog URL, Instagram, Twitter, OR Facebook handle SO I CAN LINK BACK TO YOU.
  • AND, IF YOU'D LIKE:  Add the "TOPS THAT POP" Sew-A-Long badge on your blog and other social media locations.  (The badge is located at the top of my sidebar)

NOW FOR THE THIS YEARS TWISTS...
1.  After signing up to join (HERE), submit your completed top(s) photos by emailing them to me @fayedoll.cox.net to be showcased on upcoming blog posts OR, simply post your photos in your Instagram Account using the HASHTAG: #2018TopsThatPop and tagging me @fayedoll.
2.   All entries submitted to me by email or using the HASHTAG on Instagram will be showcased on the #2018TopsThatPop Pinterest Board.
3. There will be several RANDOM DRAWINGS of a FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS held at the end of the sew-a-long.  
 ONE OF MY FAVORITE THINGS:  8" Kai Shears
 ergonomically soft handles which allow fatigue-free cutting on all types of fabric. Cuts multiple layers of denim with ease while trimming cottons without any fabric slippage. The Kai 5210 is the standard size handle and blade length.
The Kai 5000 Series scissors are made of a hardened stainless steel.  The smooth, sharp blades gives these Kai scissors an amazing smoothness in cut and feel.


In the meantime, participants and readers alike can receive 20% off

Kai Scissor purchases by applying the following code before checkout, and hitting APPLY.
The Code is: LINDAFAYE

ANOTHER ONE OF MY FAVORITE THINGS:  McCall's Pattern Company products
 One random drawing participant (US residents only) will win three (3) McCall's Pattern Company patterns of their choosing.
 

COME ONE, COME ALL - YOU CAN SIGN UP (here) TODAY!  Let's all make TOPS THAT POP for our Spring wardrobes.  It's a win, win situation!!!

63 comments:

  1. I need to get on this. A collection of my tops have been in heavy rotation throughout the seasons & years. They are starting to show signs of deliver me from your closet & start anew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the same with my tops Sheila - they have served me well but it's time for fresh ones. Thank you for Joining. I'll add you to the list.

      Delete
  2. I was wondering when you were going to do another tops sew-a-long. This is great timing for me. I need some tops for a cruise that is at the end of the month. So I'm in. This will give me the incentive to both what I make. https://www.instagram.com/lifeissewsewgood/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, you just made my day. Adding you right in!

      Delete
  3. I love this sew-a-long! Was so excited when you mentioned it on my blog! I'm definitely in. Email: cppeck@twc.com. Blog: kentuckyseamstress.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Catherine it's such a pleasure to have you join me again!!!

      Delete
  4. I'm in with my son again this year!!
    sewexcited2000@yahoo.com
    Blog - g-cas.net
    IG- instagram.com/anncie2001

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesss, I love your prom shirt entry last year - it was the icing on the cake!

      Delete
  5. I'll be delighted to join in Faye! I have some pink jersey waiting in the sidelines to be made into a Spring top. If I have time I also have a lovely silk remnant too.
    I'm on Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/dream.cut.sew/

    I blog at https://www.instagram.com/dream.cut.sew/

    Twitter:https://twitter.com/dreamcutsew

    Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/dream.cut.sew/

    Let the fun begin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Diane!, and I'm with you - LET THE FUN BEGIN!!!

      Delete
  6. Hi Faye--I'm in!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Summer, It's a pleasure to have you join again!

      Delete
  7. Fun! I’m in! www.MadebyLaquana.blogspot.com; IG: MadebyLaquana; MadebyLaquana {at} Gmail {dot} com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeahhhhh!, I love that you participated last year and so glad to have you back!

      Delete
  8. Kai scissors are awesome! What a lovely prize! I'm in! elizabethmadethis.com, @elizabethmadethis on IG elizabethmadethis at gmail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kai are my absolute favorite shears and the only ones that I can use comfortably anymore. So glad to have you aboard Elizabeth!

      Delete
  9. I’m in, I need new tops. Patriciashaw9@yahoo.com / IG - Patricia Shaw.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Patricia! So glad that you've joined! Adding you right in too!

      Delete
  10. Latachia4/08/2018

    I definitely need more tops. I'm in! lhunt034@hotmail.com
    IG: tosh40
    FB: Latachia Kinslow-Hunt

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm in again this year! I am sure I will get in a top or two! I like the twist this year. My email: vanessarthomas at gmail dot com. I believe you have my blog link already.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vanessa - wonderful! Yes I have your blog link and I'll add you right in.

      Delete
  12. I’m in! My email address is drummergirlcreations@gmail.com . My blog url is DrummerGirlCreations.wordpress.com . My Instagram handle is @drummergirlcreations

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for joining Patricia!

      Delete
  13. I would like to join.
    Email: mesha.echevarria@gmail.com
    Instagram: @urban_opulence

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just added you Mesha. Thanks for Joining!

      Delete
  14. I'm new to your blog, and I'd like to join in. My blog - fabricpaperthread.blogspot.com

    Some spring tops would really boost my wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so very glad to have you join Lorrie! Adding you right in.

      Delete
    2. forgot to leave my email - lorrieorr @ gmail.com (no spaces)

      Delete
    3. Thank you Lorrie!

      Delete
  15. I said I would join! :)
    blog: https://floweryskirt.blogspot.hr/
    mail: floweryskirt@gmail.com
    instagram: @barbarajugovac

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's wonderful to have you on board Barbara!

      Delete
  16. Hi Feye! I would like to join!!! I think you know my blog link already:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am elated to have you join Eli!

      Delete
  17. I was planning on making some tops anyway this month, so I might as well join! This should be fun and I will fill a need for tops.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've added you to the list Denise thank you for joining!

      Delete
  18. Hi Faye! I want to participate.
    Blog: http://sewingbyjackie.blogspot.com/
    IG: @fabricqueen
    Email: jackiehamb@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jackie! So glad to have you join!

      Delete
  19. Monique Garner4/09/2018

    Hi. I'm in.
    IG @threadzofhope
    Email threadzofhope@yahoo.com
    FB Monique's Threadz of Hope

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited that you 've joined Monique!!!

      Delete
  20. I guess I need to add my info (missed that part).
    Blog: http://sewlimitless.com/
    IG: @sewlimitless
    Email:dyst85@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I would like to participate - http://ruthieksews1.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so excited that you are joining us Ruthie and I'm adding you right in!

      Delete
  22. I'd like to participate. I've only been sewing a few months, this will be good practice for me to increase my skills.
    email: deaamor06@gmail.com
    Instagram-@amazingluv

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yes - I'm in! I watched from the sidelines last year. I just got done with a crazy big (for me) project and am ready to do some sewing for myself! Thanks for hosting the sew-along :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is wonderful Nancy! Thank you so much for joining!

      Delete
  24. Awesome! I'm in. I could use a couple of tops for work.
    rwdw_95@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy that you've joined again this year Danielle!

      Delete
  25. Hi Faye, I want to participate
    Carli1031@gmail.com IG carli1031
    MyDesignStudio.Atl IG MyDesignStudio.atl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful Carla! I've added you in.

      Delete
  26. I would love to join in and make a "Top that Pops". Thanks so much for hosting, Faye.
    blog: RoxanneStitches.com IG: @roxannestitches email:
    roxannestitches@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hello!

    I would love to join the 2018 tops that pop challenge!! I havent made anything wearable but I'm willing to start here!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  28. I would love to join the 2018 tops that pop challenge!! I havent made anything wearable but I'm willing to start here!!
    Email: newby6765@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a great place to start Brenda! So glad to have you join!!!

      Delete
  29. I think may be motivated to do this 🤔🤔 burrelsandra@yahoo.com 😀😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've added you to the list Sandra! Thank you so much for joining in!

      Delete
  30. Hello, isn't to late to take part in the tops that pop challenge?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. İf no - my mail is ninusikbel@hotmail.com ))

      Delete
    2. You are just in time to join in. Deadline is tomorrow, Saturday. I'll add you in.

      Delete

THANKS FOR LOOKING IN. YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED!!!

Paying Homage to Black Pattern Designers...

...for years February has been set aside as a special time to learn about and recognize accomplishments of African Americans and other peopl...