Allow me to talk a little about the pattern first: don't you wonder about the funny model poses on the pattern envelopes of late??? I've started seriously looking for pattern flaws when I see models twisted and contorted in their poses. I think it's a clear indication they are trying to HID something - mmmmmm, just saying. I was so glad; however, that so many people had made this pattern during the year. It is wonderful to read the reviews and find out just where problems lie prior to cutting up my good stuff. My thanks to all who worked out these problems for me ahead of time. (they can be found on Pattern Review) They helped me solve these problems:
- How to raise the weirdly shaped armhole,
- How to eliminate gaping at the back center seam,
- How to raise the elongated neckline,
- and, how to weigh down the cowl neckline.
What a Weirdly shaped pattern! Two gigantic pattern pieces that are taped together to make one piece that actually turns out to be the back and front of the top and a armhole facing that's all. I used a seriously mysteryfied WalMart fabric from le good old STASH, don't know what in the world it is. Just knew it was a two way stretch knit and nothing that I would ever consider using for an actual garment so it fit the practice category. I like the top. And will be making another one as soon as I make a fabric choice.
Commencing with this top I'm using my high bust measurement for pattern sizing. I know, should have been using that measurement all along, I've read it, but it was so hard to make that change for some reason. I'll be able to get a much better fit through the shoulders and bust area. This sewing thing is ever evolving...