January 2, 2014

NEW YEAR, NEW START...

...13 days off in a row.  WOW!, and yes it was so very nice!  Christmas vacation is just one of my job's fantastic perks.  Did I do half the things I had planned to do - of course not.  That would have to much like right!-right???  Stayed up wayyyyyyy past 1 a.m. most nights just because I could; even slept until noon one morning.  Left the house only on rare occasions - like when food was starting to get low.  Spent countless days and nights in my cluttered sewing studio - practically lived in here folks; cruising sewing blogs and virtually learning new things.   Bought my first Craftsy class - "40 Techniques Every Sewer Should Know" - great class by the way, I highly recommend it.

Joined in on Goodbye Valentino's 2014 RTW Fasting Challenge.  Why not?, I'm gonna be sewing anyway, and I figure it'll be a great sewing resource besides being an avenue to get to know new to me sewing bloggers.  There's way over 100 people committed to the challenge.

I also worked up not one, but two coat/jacket muslins.  Yes, I mustered up the courage to go back to that ill fitting muslin that stumped me several weeks ago.  I'll talk more about both muslins as the projects progress.


Please don't judge the puckered sleeves on either muslin - I am going to make these work in the final projects.
Returning to work tomorrow will actually be a nice change of pace.  Got to get back to the career that fuels my sewing habit....

21 comments:

  1. Sounds like you need to go back to work for a break ~ guessing you are going to be really tired tomorrow night! Can't wait to see these 2 jackets tamed in 2014 ... J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judith for some reason I'm on a coat/jacket high.

      Delete
  2. What a terrific vacation! That's just my idea of a good time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you had a great holiday too!

      Delete
  3. Yes, I would love a vacation like that as well . Good luck with the muslins :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaah...breaks! Gotta love 'em. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like a terrific vacation. I purchased that same Craftsy class and congrats on joining the RTW fast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and I had a great time vegging out too.

      Delete
  6. Can't wait to see your finished coats! I'm also in on the RTW fast... happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward to see all your RTW fast designs Jenny!

      Delete
  7. Your coats are off to a great start!!! Sounds like you had a wonderful time while you were home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rhonda. And Yes, it really was a wonderful time.

      Delete
  8. I know what you mean. I know some don't believe it but I often say teaching is one of THE best professions! I wanted to sew more this break but the sons were home and we were doing all sorts of other things. I know you are glad to get the muslins out of the way. Not one but two! Major accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, now the trick is to get them past the muslin stage.

      Delete
  9. You sound like a teenager with your sleeping schedule! I went back to work on the 30th but had today off because of the snow!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember the good old snow days off from when I lived in upstate New York Kyle.

      Delete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love having longggg stay cations! Especially when I can spend time lounging around my sewing room! I'm happy you in the RTW challenge too! I look forward to seeing what you create this year!

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR LOOKING IN. YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED!!!

Paying Homage to Black Pattern Designers...

...for years February has been set aside as a special time to learn about and recognize accomplishments of African Americans and other peopl...