July 7, 2015

YOU JUST NEVER KNOW...

...what type of sewing frenzy I might end up on.  During the past two years I planned to, but did not end up make any summer jackets.  This summer I've already made two - blogged about (here) and (here).  Now I'm planning my third one of the season
Butterick 5616, view B
Over the past few years I have learned a whole lot about jacket and coat making. I do know, however;  that I still have even more to learn about fitting and construction.  Every jacket project teaches me more and more.  Just in time for my next project I found that Gentleman Jim has just released his Tailored Jacket Construction Shortcuts Course. 
I found out about the course through his Facebook Page (just type in Gentleman Jim and look for his June 24th post if interested.

I couldn't wait to peruse his PowerPoint presentation, PDF and watch the video clips.  I found an awful lot of value for the cost, and gathered some very helpful information in my first viewing.  I will be using some of his techniques and tips in the construction of my upcoming project even though it's not a tailored jacket. Of course I'll be letting you know about my new jacket progress...

14 comments:

  1. Jackets are my favorite thing to make and up here a light jacket is well used all summer. I am working on one now, too, Faye. That Butterick patterns looks like it will work up nicely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I've see you make some adorable jackets Bunny.

      Delete
  2. Great looking jacket (Butterick) Faye - no doubt you will make this up beautifully :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the vote of confidence Sarah!

      Delete
  3. I need some jackets as well. I was hopefully I can get a couple done in September :-/

    Are you going to do a review on the class?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will do a review of the class Tasha.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  4. Going to turn out great and look forward to seeing your jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the fyi. I definitely want to make some jackets and also want his dvds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like your choice for your next jacket. I look forward to seeing your creation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous7/15/2015

    Wow! I am so excited. I have dedicated one day a week tosewing patterns so this list is coming at the PERFECT time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous8/05/2015

    This tutorial on how to design clothes online is very informative and honestly it makes me want to buy the patterns! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR LOOKING IN. YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED!!!

Paying Homage to Black Pattern Designers...

...for years February has been set aside as a special time to learn about and recognize accomplishments of African Americans and other peopl...